Sign in to follow this  
Mizuez

BARCAR Mission?

Ive been flying Falcon 4.0 for a while, but its always been off and on. Recently I've been flying a lot and got a promotion to the 2nd rank. (first time ever for me) In my current Campaign the only mission type available at any allied airfield is BARCAP. These missions are not hard and i understand how to complete them, they are just boring and long most of the time.

Is it typical for the game to plan only barcap missions for hours on end?

What can i do the help plan more OCA strikes and BAI's?

Funny you should mention that as my current campaign is also seemingly endless BARCAPs. I think it defaults to that when it doesn't know what else to do. According to the OrBat, we've decimated the NKAF and their ground and naval units seem to only be far in the rear, so...

Funny you should mention that as my current campaign is also seemingly endless BARCAPs. I think it defaults to that when it doesn't know what else to do. According to the OrBat, we've decimated the NKAF and their ground and naval units seem to only be far in the rear, so...

Same here. The only ground units are far north. It seams as if its a stand still. DPRK isn't even launching aircraft. Every now and then a BAI or Introduction pops up in the mission schedule, but i have to jump from airbase to airbase in order to find them. I have even tried messing with the mission priority box so we plan less BARCAPs or DCA missions, but no luck.

You need to manage the campaign yourself really to avaoid that - in my case only do barcaps if there is a lot of enemy air - otherwise set up other flights of F-15s/22s (depending on the year you play) to do barcaps. Cancel any barcaps missions you get and set up BAI and CAS missions for you and any other available strikers in the theatre - you need to take out the tank columns etc and help your ground forces.

You need to manage the campaign yourself really to avaoid that - in my case only do barcaps if there is a lot of enemy air - otherwise set up other flights of F-15s/22s (depending on the year you play) to do barcaps. Cancel any barcaps missions you get and set up BAI and CAS missions for you and any other available strikers in the theatre - you need to take out the tank columns etc and help your ground forces.

I've tried messing with the campaign settings to do what your saying, but i only achieve to stop the BARCAPs entirely, not replace them with other missions. I dont know how many times if read how to do this from the manual. How do you go about setting up flights?

Set the campaign settings at sensible settings - you still need barcaps - but would advise you set them up for other flights.

Setting up flights - well should be in the manual somewhere.

Set the campaign settings at sensible settings - you still need barcaps - but would advise you set them up for other flights.

Setting up flights - well should be in the manual somewhere.

I've managed to get more BAI's up in the mission board. I'm still over run with BARCAPs. I guess after changing the priority settings you need to wait a few in game hours for things to change.