Sign in to follow this  
Javito1986

Graphics while flying through clouds

Whenever I fly through clouds, and I always have the 'Cloud Fog' option turned on in the Workshop, I get a strange effect in which the mist appears on MOST of my screen but not all and has the appearance of a big rectangle. Bit of an immersion killer. I can post a screenshot if need be.

I think this is from my having a widescreen monitor and having that option ticked in the Workshop. If I had a normal proportioned monitor the mist would look perfectly normal. I'm not very intelligent though and could easily be wrong.

Can I do something to fix this? It's not in even the slightest bit a "problem", the game runs fine, it's just a minor annoyance I'd like to report on the off chance that I can do something about it.

It's possible you have a 16:9 aspect monitor or have selected a 16:9 screen resolution. I believe OFF uses a 16:10

If you have an nvidia graphics card there is a fix that worked for me although I've heard it doesn't work for everybody. In your <overrides> page of OFF graphics configuration, tick the box Disable White Out. Exit the configuration properly or the change will not be saved. You'll still get the white out and it may also eliminate those side bars.

not sure if there is a fix for it or not, but alot of ppl get it...

i have zoom in/out mapped to the joystick so i just zoom in one notch, and now the screen is full of cloud....

No it's when you zoom in /out. Either don't zoom with it, or set your preferred screen view angle in the WORKSHOP settings, or turn off the In-Cloud effect in CFS3Config.