Sign in to follow this  
Kulbit80

Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA - first flight!

If that`s true I will take two of them, one for me and one for my girlfriend! :grin:

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

I thought the russian goverment canned the project?? Are they changing theire minds?

It's not canned - it's resting. They're planning to get like 50 of them by 2016... should go well with a dozen or so Ka-52.

"About time we got a plane like this, right?"

"Right!"

*laugh*

*hundreds of cameras take pictures, reporters hurriedly scribble notes*

Wow....real news.

:rolleyes:

You're so close.

- ... will be superior to foreign designs in technical capabilities.

- And fighting spirit!

- Of course!

*laugh*

OK, could NATO designation for this one be Fighting Spirit?

I don't remember any two words NATO designation, so I think it's unlikely.

I dont understand? Why is unlikely that it wont be superior? I bet when the f-16 or f-15 or whatever jet came out the reporters were saying the same thing. "Best in the world" Its the way humans work.

I dont understand? Why is unlikely that it wont be superior? I bet when the f-16 or f-15 or whatever jet came out the reporters were saying the same thing. "Best in the world" Its the way humans work.

Too many and large exterior moving parts, exhaust nozzles are cylindrcal, too many extruding surfaces, exposed rivets that are not washed down, and it has right angled edges (especially noticeable on the zoom up on the canopy hatch viewing the pilot inside - this defeats stealth). If you take notice on the F-22, there are no right angled edges at all. The T-50 might be somewhat stealthy, but nowhere near to the F-22. It might have a lot of thrust, but again, nowhere near the F-22. I have yet to see a video of it doing manuevers that the F-22 can do. All it is is just a redesigned Flanker. It might be something for the JSF folks to worry about in regards to foreign countries deciding which aircraft to purchase over, but they're probably not sweating over it. I'm not. However, this aircraft is somewhat of a motivation to push Russia forward in aviation research and development.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Well, "technical capabilities" and "stealth" aren't synonymous terms. There's more to the B-2 and F-22 than stealth, and I'm sure this plane is to be the same way. While it won't match those other 2 on stealthiness, I'm sure it will beat other current designs including the Gripen, Rafale, and Eurofighter there and it may have the most advanced avionics any Russian fighter has ever had. Considering they'll want to keep the info released to a minimum, saying it can do more than plane XYZ will be hard to judge.