Sign in to follow this  
Southside Bucky

DH4 & Bristol F2b Replacement Cockpits

Don't get too excited...It's just a little mod of the cockpit.ini's, using the SE5a cockpit to replace the stock ones.

IMO, the DH2 cockpit that comes with the DH4 is not quite appropiate, so I've had a go at putting the SE5's in its place. It's not perfect by any stretch: I've spent quite a bit of time fiddling with its exact placement up, down, fore and aft, trying to perfect the pilot view...The result is something of a compromise, but the best I can do. See what you think. If anyone can improve it, let me know, eh?

The original F2b cockpit, whilst a pretty good effort, looked a little basic to me. So again, I used the SE5 as a replacement. This one is much more succesful. Somehow, after much experiment, I managed to shoehorn it in, AND get the pilot view just about exact...You can now see through the Aldis sight.

The one thing I haven't been able to do in either of 'em is to animate the control sticks. Lord knows I've tried, but no go. Not exactly a massive showstopper though, seeing as they're not visible in most cockpit or padlock views. Again, if anyone can get the sticks moving, let us know how please.

Cheers.

Bucky

Cockpits.zip

Many thanks Bucky, I've always shied away from the Brisfit precisely because of the cockpit, not that I look a gift horse in the mouth.

AND I know exactly what you mean about adjusting those cockpits spending numerous hours making small decimal changes, starting the game, quitting, .... for just a few aircraft myself.

Hope to try them out this weekend!

To add a thread to this topic :

First Eagles add on aircraft are excellent, and easy to download and install from Combat Ace.

Aircraft such as DH4 and Bristol f2b, which are needed for add on campaigns, are only available from Skunkworks, and are impossible to download.

Their download page requires connection to be in an unsecure manner[?], and even then, download is not guaranteed.

Is there any other way of obtaining add on aircraft such as DH4 and Bristol f2b?

As far as I know the only DH-4 and F2b for FE is only available at Skunkworks. Why it's so hard to obtain a password or download them from Skunkworks, I have no idea. Many people have complained about this before. You would think they would want more people using their stuff. Thirdwire needs to release more of these planes themselves so there are no more problems. But I dont even know if Thirdwire is going to release anything new as far as aircraft. If they do plan on it, nobody knows what planes. I have found with these sims and their site, they dont fill you in on anything or answer too many questions. You just have to wait like the rest of usblink.gif

I'm pretty sure TK has said the next EP will include more French aircraft.

If I remember correctly (read, I'm old), TK mentioned both the Pfalz and Nieuports when he was speaking on the subject, and hinted at a Dorand ARI, because it was an important and interesting aircraft.

He also said the next EP was atleast a year away. Not very exciting. But will be great when it comes out I'm sure.