Sign in to follow this  
Tuba2

FreeTrack help

I am trying to get FreeTrack to function. The program functions with the skull screen. However, when trying to configure the virtual joystick (PPJoy) nothing happens. I just click for the "Center joystick", "move Joystick", and "center". Then when setting the axes, with the show results turned on, the numbers never change when I move my head. This is reinforced when at the end of configuration the "Test" bars also never move. Needles to say no 6DOF occurs in OFF or IL-2 when it is run. I am seeking input on what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks

Jim

Edited by Tuba2

Tuba2

you are slightly ahead of me, I have just constructed my headset, modified my MS webcam and downloaded the software. Got an error message when starting freetrack last night, no idea what it means at the moment hoping to have a look later. When I get further I will see if I can help you out.

Hello,

I've built my own headset (3 point hat actually) and have been using FreeTrack with success in all my flight sim games. I also will be glad to help if needed.

Edited by 12oclockhigh

I have got to the stage of the skull screen now, results are not too bad although occasionally the webcam loses the leds so I am looking at adjusting the angles of them and the threshold settings etc. There seems quite a lot to get to grips with, couldn't get anything to work for a day or two, now realize that was because I had the webcam software running.

Tuba2 I am curious about the virtual joystick you are trying to run, are you not using freetrack for viewing in game? Afraid I can't help with your problem at the moment.

If anyone would care to point me in the right direction for getting freetrack assigned to my panning views It would be a time saver and greatly appreciated, I haven't looked into that yet.

Looking forward to getting freetrack up and running and getting back into the cockpit, been out of it for quite a few weeks since the chipset on my camels mainboard blew. Its had a bit of an overhaul now and sports an am2 3ghz cpu............. and flies:yahoo: