Sign in to follow this  
gumpy

Please I need some help!

Ok guys I need to pick your brains for some help on this because I can't seem to figure it out.Last week everything was going fine it was late Friday night when I turned my computer off, things seemed a little fishy because it just switched right off and it usually takes about 5 to 7 minutes to go through the shut down process, anyway lets go to Saturday when I tried to boot up (Windows will not start because one of the system 32 files was either corrupt or could not be found) AAAAAAAHHH"WTF" this was a week long process of trying to run a systems repair,which I finally gave up on because I could not get by a administrator password.I did not want to do a system restore and lose all my info so I went and got a new hard drive and put it in the computer reinstalled Windows and motherboard drivers also Nvidia card drivers.Here is where the help part comes in. I have had 7or8 different installs of the games on external hard drives for a long time WOE,WOV,FE,SF1 modded in several different configurations now when I go to start them it keeps saying d3dx9_30.dll or IFC23.dll could not be found,so I downloaded them from the web and I got 1 install of WOE working 1 install of FE working and 1 install of WOV working, on the other installs I replaced the dll files and I can get to the fly screen and press fly and "WAMO" ctd! Here's the kicker I tried installing WOE to get the correct dll files and it wouldn't or didn't install them.Does anyone have an idea what might be going on here, or how can I fix this problem?

1) Make sure that you have the latest Directx installed (the entire runtime, not just the "missing" .dll).

2) Make sure that your video drivers are current

3) I assume that this is on Windows XP? Try reinstalling WoE (etc), and then make sure that you patch it to the service pack level that you prefer (normally, 06 or 08).

You should be good to go...

• Like 1

If i can add to Fubar's is always a good idea to have a back up of clean installs of your favorite sim, meaning, if you like WWII installs you'll back up a 06 patch install and so on...

damn 5-7 minutes to shut of ur pc, i think there is more going on here thanyou think :P its not supposed to take that long.

When you have a 500 GB hard drive that's darn near full and two externals that are in the same condition,it takes a little while to go trough the shutdown.The new hard drive kind of alleviated the time it took though,much better now.

When you have a 500 GB hard drive that's darn near full and two externals that are in the same condition,it takes a little while to go trough the shutdown.The new hard drive kind of alleviated the time it took though,much better now.

no offense but i have 1TB of movies and music (besides the systemdisk) and 2 external drives propped with pictures and other stuff. Never ever have i exerienced a 5 min shutdown. It actually takes 20-30 sec. Either your harddrives are VERY defragmented or something is broken.