Sign in to follow this  
Check Six

"Du doch Nicht!" - "Kiss my a$$"

Check Six, my "Wolf" is not the historical pilot; mine is called Wolfram 'Wolf' Mahlo,

and that is me, with my father's first name, short form: Wolf.

If you still want to do the model one day, I could send you the wolf head for your decal sheets.

Hey guys, I recently joined to review and read up on simulators, and stumbled upon this thread. I recently visited the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, Texas and saw a Fokker with "Du Doch Nicht" posted on the tail, as mentioned. Though you guys would appreciate a picture. Sorry the railing kind of cuts off the last bit :/

.406502_10150455185351603_624196602_9271378_2006127176_n.jpg

:salute: According to my Alma Mada " Whats a matter Univeristy " ( Whats a mater U ) We should always take the High Road in reading Motto s. This could be understood as

" Sorry, you are next " or " The pilot is not a People Pleaser " :grin:

Very interesting thread indeed!

About the inscriptions in slang that the enemy could never understand and rudeness vs politeness,

I found the exact opposite of what the main topic is about, on a German Rumpler C.IV... :grin:

post-10763-0-94398300-1325695695.jpg

:drinks:

!! I just can't imagine a photograph of the Kaiser or Kronprinz ceremonially awarding the Blue Max to an ace pilot in front of a plane tagged with: "Küss meinen Arsch" or "Lutsch mein' *******", or "Ich ****** deine Mutter"... - Anyway, no, I really can't !!!

Correct, Capitaine - they would not have written something so obviously indecent on their planes back then.

My "Du kannst mich mal!" is very much borderlining - it doesn't use the "bad words" - "kiss my a**"

and is not really translateable. In German it works, but in English it wouldn't look good:

"You can ... my ...!"

BTW, the irony is that Du Doch Nicht was shot down from the front by a Breguet.

As Udet said himself about this tailplane motto: "Pride comes before a fall."

In the latest comics book by Romain Hugault, "Le pilote à l'Edelweiss", already discussed in this forum, the main French character Castillac has painted a very offensive motto on his Nieuport: "J'honore les dames, j'enfile les Boches". "J'honore" can mean "I honour", but also "I respectfully make love to the ladies", while "J'enfile" can mean "I string" or "I thread", for an ace stringing kills like pearls, but also can have a much more obscene signification, in a much less respectful manner!

post-48840-0-80123600-1327162729.jpg

... I used to teach my buddies in college that were from the South how to properly drop the 'F-bomb' as it simply does not sound right coming off a tongue with a Southern Twang (accent).

LOL...This reminds me of when I was stationed in South Carolina. Danny Ponder was from Greenville (pronounced by him "GREEN-vull"), South Carolina and Danny St. James from Lawrence, Massachusetts, which is near Boston. They each had a heavy dose of their individual regoinal accents. The funniest thing I think I've ever heard in my life is the two of them trying to imitate each other's speech. Being from a reasonably neutral area myself, and having an ear for such things, I prided myself on being able to mimic dialects and accents. But what came out of their mouths at those times was beyond me. :heat: