Sign in to follow this  
elephant

First skinning attempt for SF

Here is my first attempt at skinning for Strike Fighters series.

My obsession for historically accurate pilot skins and my work on them is well known in IL-2 series community.

For the last week or so I have discovered the SF World... :drinks:

I must say I have seen some excellent skinjobs on pilots here in SF community... :good:

Here is my first attempt on doing so...more of trying to find my steps on the new ,for me,

template...

I used a skin based on a Diego Losano's template, (he must be something like a guru on the matter), as a base, for creating an early Korean War USAF pilot to match with the early Sabres I've downloaded recently.

In this WiP shots you can see the P1-B helmet worn with B-8 goggles, typical for the period.

The rest of the uniform and gear are stil WiP...

I wonder is there a way in SF to have different pilot skins on planes as we do in IL-2 series? (as a menu option like plane skins-loadouts).

usafkorea.jpg

Here is my work on the same theme for IL-2

Have in mind that the actual pilot skin there is only 256x256

USAF_Korea_BETA.jpg

That is pretty amazing. We could always use more skins.

Those sure look damn good. Get a hold of Old_Diego, I bet you he might have work for you.