Sign in to follow this  
Wodin

Hi Res question

Is there much difference in graphical quality ticking the hi res box? Also is it the case you see no plane damage when you choose Hi Res?

Ive been looking at some screenshots and there are a few with substantial damage to the wings I havent seen much of this myself.

Finally I was awarded my first medal today the DFC for eight confirmed kills in my SE5a Viper. Very pleased I was.

In one dog fight I even heard the scream of the enemy pilot as I gave him a burst and shot underneath his plane at very close range. Love it.

I use high res often as the skins look fantastic. You won't see bulletholes, but you will see more serious physical damage for example wing tip breaks, wings coming off etc.

Yep that has been my experience also. The skins do look much better, especially in the VC view.

Beard

Ditto!

I use high res exclusively. With a large hi res monitor they are a very noticeable improvement inside and out.

I use HiRes always. You wont be able to see the small bullet hole marks, but all the heavy damage (wings breaking off. wingtip damage, etc) is still visible. The attention to detail on some of the skins is really only fully realized on hi res. You can even read the small print on the sides of the craft. I would say its more even (as to those who fly hires and those that dont) than uncleal would lead you to believe. But it simply comes down to a matter of preference as the hires setting for AC has little effect on FPS in game.