Sign in to follow this  
Cliff7600

I'd like to ask for a racing terrain

Hi,

I'd like to make the following request :

A terrain as simple as the bombing range, but dedicated to a race track, like Reno air races.

The aim is to race against the time, not against another plane.

I know there's must be targets but just a hangar is enough?

I think it should be done like the bombing range, 2 differents terrains (friendly/enemy), in order not to be hunted while racing.

The track could be delimited by 150 ft tall pylons (yes somebody have to model them), and a way point should be placed at the location of each pylon.

I know that in the Bering Straight terrain, there's big red and white antennas that could be perfect for that...

The thing is to have a track with a precise length, like 100 kilometers, to establish speed records (with stock settings of course).

I find it fun to use those war planes like race cars for a while :)

It's just an idea...

the fact is I'm not skilled enough to do it myself, it's not an excuse, I'm willing to help if I can.

Cliff

um.... one such terrain actually exists. It was started by MajorLee, but never finished.

it would require a seperate, stand alone install with ALL aircraft data inis extracted, and ALL weapons mountings removed, including guns. That's what we'd discussed 2-3 years ago when it was being worked on. Otherwise, "cheating" could occur -ya know, shooting down the guy that's gonna win kinda thing (although, not always a bad idea)

One could always modifiy The Fighter Bowl terrain I did; make the course circumnavagite the central sea; plyons could be represented by the towers as seen on the Adjucator's island.

not difficult to create at all, just the game engine/objects/etc would need to tweeking, and could ONLY be used in multiplayer, which negates any possilbe use in SF2 series

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Even then, for SP it would be a challenge. Instead of just the Multiplayer aspect, you can "Win" a Fighter Sweep mission if there aren't any fighters, and the challenge would be a timed event, where the "time" is how long it took you to complete it. We did that in Flanker 2.51 during some Alas Rojas challenge missions. Then again, we had a real mission editor but if you make it a custom mission, it may work.