Sign in to follow this  
Top_Gun

Navy Uses Fs9 To Train Nuggets

http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2000/0207/...im-02-07-00.asp

Jet jockey wannabes play Microsoft Corp.'s Flight Simulator game to capture a sense of what it's like to pilot a thundering jet. The game's realism makes it not only exciting to play but also an effective training tool.

To that end, the Navy last month started to issue a customized version of the software to all student pilots and undergraduates enrolled in Naval Reserve Officer Training Courses at 65 colleges.

The office of the Chief of Naval Education and Training has also installed Flight Simulator on high-powered Pentium III PC workstations with 29-inch screens at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi, Texas, and plans to install it at two other bases in Florida.

I'd love to know how much their customized version differs from ours B)

Hey Topgun

Thanks for your post. I emailed the Chief of Naval Air Training, and asked them to put me in touch with Ltjg Herb Lacey, who is in charge of the flight simulation program. The article that you posted a link to, mentions that Ltjg Lacey had included panels and aircraft he had created, into the customized version of Flight Simulator.

I would be MOST interested if LtjgLacey would be able to share those aircraft and panels with us! Probably not possible, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Go NAVAIR!

Navy Chief

Hey NC, an interview with this guy would be an interesting read!

Hey MJ

If I can get CNATRA to actually put me in contact with Ltjg Lacey, I will ask him about an interview. I may actually call CNATRA, and try contacting him myself this week.

NC

I would be MOST interested if LtjgLacey would be able to share those aircraft and panels with us! Probably not possible, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Chief I've never know a jg that didn't say no to a Chiefs "request". Most of the Chiefs I knew would make an offer you couldn't refuse.

Seriously, I would like to read an interview with Lt.jg Lacy. I doubt that the panels would available for general release, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hey Chief, that would be cool just to know what they did to specialize it for the Navy.

Look forward to what you find out.

check your PM's to.

Guest MrMudd

Interesting wonder if its the same version i have...

I have the "Naval Aviation Micro-Simulator Part Task Trainer 2.0"

Thanks for posting Mr Mudd,

I never received a reply from CNATRA. I will try to contact them.

Go Navy.

BTW, for you FS2004 folks; check out the T-45 that was just released by DSB Designs. It is awesome! And at $7, it is a deal!!!

Navy Chief