Sign in to follow this  
Sky High

Microstutters gone

Just an observation for nVidia users. Up to now I was able to reduce, but never completely eliminate, microstutters in my game. I recently installed nVidia 196.21 drivers and the microstuttering seems to have gone. I have 9800gt card.

Cool! I will have to try them, but it seems like just yesterday that I updated to the last set of nvidia drivers, so I've been putting it off.

I was using 182.08 drivers, and having replaced them, I realize they were poor, on my system at least. Of course every system is unique and anything can happen!

Man, you ain't kiddin' there Sky High! I held on to the boxed 169.XX drivers for my old 8800TS cards for almost a year, as they were the only ones that worked with all my games and no issues like triangles or shading issues, or a host of other anomolies that can frequently drive the computer simmer nuts. OFF was fairly the most stable through it all, and probably due to the fact that it uses CFS3 as a base.

I have the new drivers downloaded and yet to install them. I really need to go over to eVGA and check if they have them yet, as they will tweak them to work with the eVGA product line, and keep the CP the same.

hmmm, I gave those drivers a go on my 9800 GT and dont really notice a huge change from my old 186.18 set. I'll keep playing and see how it plays, but at least its not worse.

Edited by vyrago