Sign in to follow this  
Uhu

Asymmetrical loadouts selected in the loadout screen

Hello!

I'm looking for a way to get asymmetrical loadouts via the loadout screen. IIRC, there was a trick somewhere here, developed by Wrench, to do this by aircraft_DATA.INI edits. A quick search with "asymmetric loadout" didn't return the needed result. I do not want to waste a missile rail where a Sparrow could sit while going on a SEAD mission in a F-4 carrying an ECM pod...

If anybody could help and show me the needed edits, I would be glad of it (if it comes to download something here, I've got a problem - I've exhausted my limit for today...)

Greets, Uhu

Go into the data.in file for the aircraft and find the weapon station you want to separate into it's own group. Find the "weaponstationgroupID" line, and change it from whatever it is to the next available number (you'll have to look at all the weapon stations to see how many groups are used).

FWIW, if you have more than 6 groups, the 7th and higher groups won't be visible on the loadout screen. So if you're going to have 7 groups, you'll probably want the 7th group to be stations that you don't plan on altering the loadout.

Thanks, that was the trick. :-)

Uhu

"splitting the hardpoints" is what I called. it. Basically, duplicating existing stations, keeping the same GroupID, but calling them "new" stations in the data and loadout inis. (NOT be be forgetting to add the new SystemName= on whichever component they're supposed to be mounted to, like the inner or outer wing)

This seem to be more critical in the SF2 series, as MANY of the older weapons appear to have World Centers that are NOT at the 0,0,0 point of the weapon's LOD. As another member showed screenies some time ago, TMFs F4U-4B & AU-1 Corsairs have the wing mounted bombs (if using the old BunyPak AN series 250,500 pounders), are now showing 1.5-2 meters AFT of they pylons. Where as the HVARs are pretty much where they're supposed to be. The fix was to duplicate the stations, add the 'new' hardpoints to the loadout ini -for bombs ONLY- move the weapons forward till they fit,, and BAM, you done.

like the F-4D/E/G with the ALQs in the left forward sparrow bay, you simply renumber the right forward bay to match the 2 aft bay, so those 3 are all in one group, and the L/F is it's own group. Then you can perma-load the jammer pod on that station via the loadout ini.

look in the KB, in the Old Bunyap Weapons Pak Fixes thread; whilst some names have changed, the basic premise, and hardpoint station numbers should be close. Of course, ALWAYS extract the latest data nd loadout inis from whicheve cat they're hiding in.

Like malibu said, anything past Group 7 won't show on the Loadout Screen, but WILL show on the aircraft. So make sure it's something you want perma-loaded

wrench

kevin stein