Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

F-4E and F-4J radar, gunsight, and cockpit problem.

I was wondering if anyone could help me solve an issue I have. In the screen shot below you can see what is going on. After I patched my SF2:V, SF2:E, and SF2:I up to the Feb2010 level I lost my gun piper and the radar images are not fading from the radar screen of both the F-4E and F-4J. Their also seems to be a disruption of the cockpit textures around the radar screen. This problem only seem the effect variants of those two aircraft. I have pulled all my mods out before I patched so that it would run over the stock version of the game and I have not reinstall any mods.

img00001bg.jpg

There have been similar threads here and at 3rd wire about a similar issue - it may be to do with the order the games were installed in / or patched in even

There have been similar threads here and at 3rd wire about a similar issue - it may be to do with the order the games were installed in / or patched in even

Do you think a full reinstall might solve it followed by repatching? If I did not patch it would at least knock it back to the Dec2009 version for me.

I recommend a full reinstall, then apply the Feb 2010 patch. Then check it before you had any mods in it. If that doesn't work then it may be a bug for TK to look into. Please let us know how you do.

Well if you have no mods installed its likely the install is the problem - but I dont know the correct order to install them in.

Thirdwire is probably the best place to go to to report it - if thats happening with the latest patch.

The order of install is:

SF2

SF2V

SF2E

SF2I

Well I have finished fresh downloads and installs of SF2:V, E, and I. Tested the aircraft in question and they seem to be back in working order.

Great news....