That's the one. I'll use it on The Sims forums when they poast "mig21 version." Should get the idea across.

I just got Jay Miller's SR-71 AEROFAX. Flipping through it tonight I see a size comparison drawing of Lockheed CL-400-13 and its twice as long as the B-52. I was poking around for a SR-71 book. I saw Miller wrote the Aerofax, so I knew from his B-58 fax that is the one to get. Get it. FastCargo you got Miller's SR-71?.

76 Thanks! Wazzup with the retro Anabs?

post-8289-12678462642372.jpg

Yep...Aerofax's B-58 and SR-71 Family, both written by Jay Miller.

FC

So this weekend I will reinstall SF2 again cause I got soem nice pits for different versions of this bird and hope there is some interest in them ;-)

I try to find out, how can I make this bird look more uptodate for this sim, but it has such an easy and clean shape, that it seems nearly impossibel to add details to it. Will workout the GEAR a bit and some other areas but that`s all I can do. All detailed parts are hidden, Airbrake, Canopystuff Gearbay and so on..

if someone has an idea, all critic is welcomed...

76, at combat speed nobody sees more than a few polygons.

At this level, air warfare gives a hint of space warfare, but not the kind of Sci-Fi in the movies. In the real thing, targets would be, at the very *best*, a tiny faint point of light. Nothing more, and often much less. I had developed a space combat sim like that in old DOS using Fortran. Very interesting maths. The most unique thing I did was put the entire 4pi steradians of the universe (stars, nearby planets/moons)...on the monitor. The display was 2 circles, one forward hemisphere and one rear hemisphere. The trig I developed was free from distortion in the radial direction, and suffered only pi/2 distortion in the tangent direction. Writing the code so planet horizons and terminators could jump from one display circle to another was the core challenge.

Calculating target visibility was interesting. Lots of vectors dealing with searcher/target/sun/ angles and planet horizons/terminators obscuring or enhancing target detection -- a target emitting radiation is easily seen against a planet's darkside, but not always when seen against the light side, depending on radiation wavelength.

Space ships can hide in the star field. The best way is hiding against the Milky Way, although if "you" are hidden among the faint Milky Way stars from another ship, so is that other ship -- works two ways as the galaxy is a ring at infinity (well in the code). However, overall the most extreme way of stalking or "bouncing" a target is getting the local system star behind you -- some things never change. :drinks:

A bit off topic but the idea was I didn't need fancy space craft grafix polygons to brutally realistically simulate space warfare (Newtonian orbits and all that stuff). Its all distance and (potentially) very high relative velocities. Its more math than polygons. Same when airplanes get above Mach 2 and higher into the stratosphere.

152A wow

lol 76 put these on a DVD tonight. No, 2 DVDs, just for safety.

Well for starters you could use normalmapping for things like the insides of wheel wells, the cockpit, some panels here and there and all kinds of vents.

Besides, if you can find pics of the real cockpit, it isn't terribly difficult to model a functional 1960's cockpit if you keep it simple. Spend most of the time on making pretty textures instead of getting some obscure indicator to function because normal folks are going to notice the textures.

I have found some good pics of the A version inflight and also from it`s belly, so have good positions for the vents. The A version is a more ventilated version than any other of the Ye-152 family. All other Birds are cleaner in their design but maybe I can investigate the vent postion on some similar products like Su-9 and Su-11.

I have already 3 different pits here for some versions, so stay tuned, I will use the open cockpit method and will do my best to have all parts working together.

I know it`s looking very simpel in it`s design and 3D work, that`S why I try to put some nice detail on some parts. Nothing what could kill the fps but a nice eyecandy for those who will find it :salute:

It`s not comparabel with my Su-33 project but still a nice brake from the other Su`s...

I realy like to work on those birds, and still fideling out how 3D max works in this or that way and what all those functions are good for :good:

here are alot more people around who are more experianced than me, but I have a lot of fun building myplanes and all critic is welcomed, help also.

I`m patiently waiting for your F-24 Shadowcat. Could you explain what I have to do step by step to set a bumpmap in Max?!

FC send me a good link about how bumpmap works, but have no real idea how to set it up in Max

best regards

Martin

In the maps rollout, just go down to where it says "bump <30> <filename>" and load your map there. It won't show in the viewport though unless you're using a DirectX material. I personally use XoliulShader1.3 but there should be a bunch that come with max if you change material from "standard" to "directx shader". Keep in mind that any bumpmapping is absolutely worthless unless you ramp up the spec a bit.

So I can use the normal UVP mapping for the Bumpmap? sounds ok, cause a decent bumpmaping on such a clean plane is a must have. But first I have to finish it (them) ... :grin:

Would Be COOL

What its project status ?

beta release?

Hi Vulkan, the project was paused for a time, but the 152M is nearly finished and is in the mapping status, Skin is already worked on. For now I have the Su-20 and Rafale as the main priority projects. If there is an update, I will post it in the SF2 section