Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

My quest to find a new (or newer) car...

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which car should I get?

2. 2. Do you think I'm crazy?

The Viper Club of America is in the process of buying all the factory replacement parts for the Viper from Fiatsler. Chrysler is discontinuing the Viper soon, irregardless of their financial shape.

Anyways, congrats on the Z06!

Haven't gotten it yet...just only made up my mind on what I will choose.

It's kinda Magnum. Are you a Magnum guy?

No it aint... A Ferrari 308 GTB/Si is "kinda Magnum". A Corvette is just cool.

It's kinda Magnum. Are you a Magnum guy?

Whats wrong with Magnum? He even has a cool mustache. :lol:

Whats wrong with Magnum? He even has a cool mustache. :lol:

And gets all the ladies with it too. :grin:

As long as he doesn't ask who wants a mustache ride.

As long as he doesn't ask who wants a mustache ride.

Yeah, I mean his mustache is kind of really bushy.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Don't waste your money on the Z06. Go for the Grand Sport option instead, which is the best bang for the buck as it has the Z06's suspension and brakes, and best of all, you won't have the headaches associated with the Z06's aluminum frame.

Don't waste your money on the Z06. Go for the Grand Sport option instead, which is the best bang for the buck as it has the Z06's suspension and brakes, and best of all, you won't have the headaches associated with the Z06's aluminum frame.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you mean? The GS doesn't have the HP that the Z-06 has though.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you mean? The GS doesn't have the HP that the Z-06 has though.

Yeah.....wow....a whopping 70 HP more.......for a mere $20K premium.... :good: yawneeeee :boredom:

Yeah.....wow....a whopping 70 HP more.......for a mere $20K premium.... :good: yawneeeee :boredom:

You mean an extra 105... I'm getting an 06... the 06 standard vette had 400 horses... the 06 Z-06 has 505.

...and it's only costing me $46,200.00 after taxes and fees... which is a really good deal for a C6 Z-06.

Edited by serverandenforcer

So I got it! A galaxy silver 2006 Corvette Z-06! Get to pick it up on Friday! Had to fight with USAA to give me the loan. Pulled up their own site to point out how lame they were being with refusing to extend the loan from 32K to 42K, and that there wasn't much of a difference between the two on monthly payments. Had to sit down with the rep's supervisor, show him the math side by side with my credit history, and the fact that I have one of the most secure jobs in the world. He agreed and authorized the loan!

Congrats man! Always love Vette's and the Z06 is a sweet ride. My old supervisor at Sheppard AFB had one.

So I picked up the car today. Holy s***! This car is sick! Nice smooth shifting... if you do it right. Definitely a lot of power under the hood! Accidentally launched the car into some serious acceleration from a green light... think the 350Z next to me got a little discouraged. Had a buddy with me on the ride back to help me out just incase I might have problems with the tranny (last time I drove one was in Iraq in a Nissan Patrol - about 4 years ago and was a little apprehensive with this one). Didn't have too much of a problem. The clutch really grabs though. Found out something interesting with the gear shifting. There is a lock out with 1st to 3rd gear, however you can by pass going straight into 4th from 1st. Anyways, I really took out for a drive today and I can not have found a better car to own. You don't have to be racing or speeding in this thing to really appreciate it. On my drive up to my folk's place, I stayed within 5 to 10 over the speed limit (that's considered to be conservative on SoCal freeways) and really didn't feel that desire to punch it or race down the highway. The fact that I was driving a Z-06 was enough to get my adrenaline going hard. I can not say enough about this car. It is really awesome!