Sign in to follow this  
PadFoot

IL-2 1946 and CFS2

If I already have IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, why would I want to have CFS2?

can't think of a reason, lol, only CFS i would buy is the third one to use with OFF.

I have both and ever since I purchased IL-2 Pacific Fighters I have not touched my CFS2 disks as IL-2 Pacific / 1946 (Which I now own) beat it hands feet everything down...

diversity?

just because?

sh|ts and giggles?

for the fun of it?

cos you can?

to fulfill some inner need?

stimulate the economy?

piss off the wife/girlfriend?

Edited by ONETINSOLDIER

PadFoot do you have your copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 modded?If not go here All Aircraft Arcade :: Index or here Special Aircraft Service - Index

Hey gumpy! Thanks for the pointers!! It turns me on when I hit the WWI projects forum. Wasn't aware of IL-2's engine can be used for WWI scenarios. Should be a blast I say!

Would you folks fill me in on WWI fighters? I mean general information regarding the aerodynamics sides of thins and aircraft specifications. I know every well about F-16, F-15, F-22, EF-2000, JAS-39, Spitfire, Tornado, Typhoon....etc.

I mean the ceiling, cruise speed, AoA, range....all those you know...

If I already have IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, why would I want to have CFS2?

It will probably be a come-down. I played CFS2 last summer and had a ball. I then tried playing Sturmovik - what an incredibly demanding sim (by comparison, of course). If you can get around just getting off the ground, to say nothing of getting back and finishing a mission, then that's way ahead of CFS2.

Even CFS3 had much easier stock flight modelling than Il-2. The 3rd party mod planes for both CFS2 and 3 were more demanding, but never seemed to overwhelm at first try like Il-2 did. Of course, once you got the hang of it in Il-2 it wasn't so much trouble (aside from carrier landings!)