see the screenies: there is a transparent "slot" right in front of the longitudinal front gear door - in the first pic you can see the blue sky shining through - on the second a part of the splitter plate can be seen... This appears not only on Sundowner's F-4B VF-111-skin seen here, but on the stock F-4B, too. (Other F-4 models? Obviously not all of them - see MaverickMike's pictures in post 6959 in the "Screenshots", page 348 - a B-model, too blink.gif ... So what problem do I have???)

post-52148-12676871209205.jpg

post-52148-12676871718023.jpg

I've noticed that myself. Maybe it's a glitch with the flight model. I'd suggest posting these shots on the ThirdWire site so that TK himself will see it. He'll probably be able to give a better explanation yes3.gif

TK advised to check the data file for the F-4 to be up to date..... Hum, I only applied the XP Gold over it... dntknw.gif

I will re-check when going through applying the updated XP to a fresh virgin install - let's see the outcome.

The mod you applied is undoubtedly using old (superseded) F-4B lod files. Delete them, and all will be fine. BTW, no USN F-4 unit ever carried gunpods in combat over SEA. Only Marine and USAF units did.

img00075.JPG

Edited by Fubar512

Stingray77:

Try the attached F-4 DATA.INI files. There was a minor change to the node names on the nose gear for the F-4s. I also updated a few other weapon station node names that changed as well.

Eric Howes

Thanks - downloaded and waiting to be installed this evening...

Still: I did a completely new install of XP Gold v2.1 over the weekend. Here's what I found out:

1) stock SF2V VF-111 does have the red sunburst on a WHITE tail fin-base. By applying the XP that changes to a GREY base-color... dntknw.gif

2) the view through that gap is gone on the stock-install. By applying the XP it's back again... blink.gif

All that's with a fresh install of the XP Gold v2.1 on a "virgin" stock mod-folder.

Your F-4_DATA.INIs are included in the v2.1-pack, I guess... ??? And should that fix the grey fin to white, as well?

I can/will check your DATA.INIs anyway... (Hum, and I need to check if the grey fin and the gap are there on a "May 2009b"-environment, too. 'Cause while at it, I put a May 2009b and a Feb 2010 side by side - both, base game install and mod-folders... I still need to get them work flawlessly without needing to rename the mod-folder everytime I change from one to the other. But I'll open another thread with a question to this anyway...)

Ah, Fubar512 - right with the guns. I just wanted to have some fun in this config.......

Thanks again

Here's the discussion about the above on the ThirdWire forum and here are some screenies:

post-52148-12680337795765.jpg

post-52148-12680339250363.jpg

Edited by stingray77

Stingray77:

Your F-4_DATA.INIs are included in the v2.1-pack, I guess... ???

No, the updated Expansion Pack files were built March 1. You posted March 4, and I produced the new DATA.INIs later that night.

And should that fix the grey fin to white, as well?

No, because what you're seeing is a difference in decals -- nothing to do with that DATA.INIs.

Let me know if the new DATA.INIs fix the gear door hole.

Eric Howes

I will - thanks again...

And do I need to apply that to the May2009b environment, too? I guess no, but am not sure...

Concerning the tail: hum, what comes with the XP then that changes the stock white base to grey then???

Stingray77:

No, you do not need to apply the DATA.INIs to a May2009b or Jun2009b install. The changes to the F-4 models post-date those patch levels. (If you did apply the new DATA.INIs to a May2009b install, you'd break the ailerons again.)

To change the VF-111 tail decals, drop the contents of the attached ZIP in the \Decals dir of your SF2V Mod Folder.

Eric Howes

VERY great service - AGAIN! clapping.gif

Thanks a big lot!!!

Edited by stingray77

One (last) thing: from your comment that this will "change the tail to white", I assume/hope that other "anomalities" coming with the stock (like the white radome, that with the XP was "repaired" to grey with a curved black antiglare) will remain repaired, right?

drinks.gif

Stingray77:

Why don't you apply it and find out?

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

'Cause I'm in the office right now (as mostly when posting - *u-hum*) and have to patiently wait some 5 more hours..... cool.gif

Thanks, Eric! Everything is fine now. good.gif

There remains a small gap (in contrast to the May 2009b-build, where there is just a grey "field"), but you can see the retracted strut settled in its bay showing through this gap (don't know if there is such a gap in reality) - but that's perfectly fine with me... No sky or stars shining through there ay more... grin.gif

And - aaaah - back again the white tail with the rest of the Sundowner's special livery.

Thanks again.....

It's certainly possible. The T-38 has such a gap in the front gear door, the current Super Hornet has something similiar.

FC