Sign in to follow this  
Guest HoneyFox

Questions about weapons...

Guest HoneyFox

i have several questions about weapons... and need your help.   :salute:

i've looked around the forum but didn't find any clear-enough answers. here are the questions:

1. how is ASM defined? in weapon station's attachment-type list there is an 'ASM' option which means anti-ship missiles, but in the weapon editor, how can i set up a missile so that the game engine will consider it as an ASM?

2. what is the usage of sea-skimming in SF series? does it work actually in games? i didn't see any missile trying to fly at a low altitude after launch... nor did i find any way to set up the skimming altitude.

3. what is the usage of terminal pop-up in SF series? does it work actually in games? i didn't see any missile trying to pop up when it is close enough to the target... nor did i find any way to set up that pop-up.

4. what is the uses of terminal guidance in SF series? one thing i know is: if the missile has a non-zero booster-start setting and a zero arming-time setting, if i uncheck the terminal guidance setting, the missile will not turn to the target until the booster starts. but if i check that setting, the missile will start to turn right after launched, even if the booster is not started yet. besides the above one, does terminal guidance make any other difference in SF series?

5. what is the uses of mid-course correction in SF series? what difference does mid-course correction make? i found that no matter i check or uncheck this setting, the way the missiles fly to the targets are just the same. and i don't know how i can make a real AHM/Medium-Range-IRM in SF series (need a lock on the target until the seeker(AR/IR) on the missile activates). if i set the AIM-120/R-27ET's seeker-range to 10nm while the max-launch-range to 50nm, the missiles will always go ballistic right after launch, unless the target is right in 10nm.

thanks in advance.    :salute:

Edited by HoneyFox
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 3

Your post reads like an exam paper.

Try asking one question at a time as many people just will not have time to answer all 10 questions (not a typo, there are 10 question marks).

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

WOw U aSk MannY Qs, sUm R V.Ez 2 ANswaR, SuM R V.SillY 4 MaNnY REeSOnS. I StRAt WiT DeM in OdeR.

1 - ASM is DefINED By Da FACt ThaT MAYBe YuR SisTUM hAs MaNny COMpoNaNTS ProDUCtEd By LaTviAN MaFIA. DOs YuR SisTUM SaYS "LaTVIan MAFIa INside" on IT CaSE?????? IF so, DatS Yur ANsWAr 2 Yur 1rSt Q, ASM GetS DeBiGFinE 4 HavING LAtVIaN MaFIa INside!!11! DiS V.CommON PrBLaM, MorE So DaN MannY PeePLes ThINK!!! I SUgGEst Yu CRAte Nu CatAgORy FoR WaPon, Call It "LMI" <LaTVIan MaFiA InSIDE!> [inseRT SmilEy FAcE]

2 - SEA SkIMNinG MisILEs???! WhaT GooD Is MiSILE DaT SKiM Da WatER Off DA TOp OF Da SeE? Yu SIlLy BoY, Yu!11! U MuSt WarK 4 LatVIan MAfiA alREDy!!11! I KnO Da SIgNAtuR of LaT MaFIoSi WheN I seeS it!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!

3 - TERmanAL POpTARts? DaY dA ThiNs ServED At HaRePARt TErManAls WarLDWIde? DaTs TeRraBLe THiN 2 WIsH on LOyall COmBtHaCE MaMbeRS <ANd ManNY oF tHam R MINeRS!> !!

4 - TERmANaL GuiDEs? Is Dat dA GuyS WHo WEaR FUnnY UNifaRMs and Try 2 SteAL YuR LuGgaGeS WheN Yu PuLl 2 Da CurB in Da frOnT of dA TERMaNALs AT dA HaREParTS n TRAne STaSIOnS???!!! I ReaLLY HAT DosE GUYs!!!111 DaY RUINNed MY GeNUinE PoLAr BaRE SKinNEd, LATvIAn TOuRISTeR LuGGage!! MY COsiN VIKtoR V.OuTRAGeOusED aT Dem!!!!111 WhY Yu BRIng Up SuCH BaD SuBJEcT??? Ay?????

5 - WHaN I wAs StUDENt aT RiGA AdVANCed HiESt SChooL, hAlF waY TRU dA SKoOL YEar, My ProFESSor tRy GaVE me Mid-COuRse COrrECtion BehINd Da SChOol BuilING, wiT Da BiCiClE ChaINs!!!1 He WaS V.SUperPriZEd 2 See DaT I CarrY 2 PeARs BrONz NUCKKLes! HobOY!1!!! I LaID v.BaD BeeTIN on HIM, INstaeD. So MUCH 4 Mid-CuRSE CoRRECTsiONs!

Yu Kno, Yu ASK LoTta STRaNGe Qs.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

Guest HoneyFox

Your post reads like an exam paper.

Try asking one question at a time as many people just will not have time to answer all 10 questions (not a typo, there are 10 question marks).

:blink: well... i didn't mean that you have to answer all these questions...

just... if you have time and you know some of them, and if you are willing to tell me, you can reply a post just about one or some of these questions...

i don't know how do you think about that? i do not want to start so many topics in the forum ... and that makes me like a person who always wants to flood the forum's thread list.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

i don't know how do you think about that? i do not want to start so many topics in the forum ... and that makes me like a person who always wants to flood the forum's thread list.

I THiN dA V.BesR WaY 2 StrAt TrOPics On DiS BraOD iS 2 THiNk Lik Da MOddingERaTOrs Due, An ThaT is 2 Kep ThINGs SImPAl, USeDa CoRReCKt SPEeLINg & PuNCHChEWaYShUN, AN AlSO KeP THinS v.SIMPaL I THiN MosT mODDinGAToRS haBe V.TiRING JObS In REELiFe - LiK MayBE DaY WORk AS TERmINAl GUiDES, an NeeD 2 SteAL LUGGaE 2 Mak a LIVinG-TypE PayCHeK. Da SIMPLar N EZeR 2 REad YuR POsTS HerE R, Da BettAR FoR uS ALL.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 6

Seriously Tipari, really mature of you.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Seriously Tipari, really mature of you.

HiTs iN mY MatURe 2 Do GoOd SeRViSE 4 Da PeePLes WHo CoMe HeRE to COMbatACe!!! I HaLP EVeY1

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

Everyone ignore Tipari...he's annoying, but harmless...

:cool:

FC

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

LeEstEN to FAsTCarGO U WilL. I THInK He MaYBe HabE V.LarGe CollecTION SamSOnitE and LaTVIan TOURisteToR lUGGaGE frOM JoB at LocAL HarePORT!!!!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 5

pICtuRE oF TYpiCAL COllecTIon oF LuGGagE Own by AVeRAGe TerMinaL GuIDE

post-20361-12679962541686.jpg

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

i have several questions about weapons... and need your help.   :salute:

i've looked around the forum but didn't find any clear-enough answers. here are the questions:

1. how is ASM defined? in weapon station's attachment-type list there is an 'ASM' option which means anti-ship missiles, but in the weapon editor, how can i set up a missile so that the game engine will consider it as an ASM?

2. what is the usage of sea-skimming in SF series? does it work actually in games? i didn't see any missile trying to fly at a low altitude after launch... nor did i find any way to set up the skimming altitude.

3. what is the usage of terminal pop-up in SF series? does it work actually in games? i didn't see any missile trying to pop up when it is close enough to the target... nor did i find any way to set up that pop-up.

4. what is the uses of terminal guidance in SF series? one thing i know is: if the missile has a non-zero booster-start setting and a zero arming-time setting, if i uncheck the terminal guidance setting, the missile will not turn to the target until the booster starts. but if i check that setting, the missile will start to turn right after launched, even if the booster is not started yet. besides the above one, does terminal guidance make any other difference in SF series?

5. what is the uses of mid-course correction in SF series? what difference does mid-course correction make? i found that no matter i check or uncheck this setting, the way the missiles fly to the targets are just the same. and i don't know how i can make a real AHM/Medium-Range-IRM in SF series (need a lock on the target until the seeker(AR/IR) on the missile activates). if i set the AIM-120/R-27ET's seeker-range to 10nm while the max-launch-range to 50nm, the missiles will always go ballistic right after launch, unless the target is right in 10nm.

thanks in advance.    :salute:

1. Set up the missile as an EOGR, and it will work. Even though you have ground mapping radars in aircraft, target acquisition still shows in the MFD as a cross. Only you get the benefit of the radar targeting feature, and therefore locking on and engaging occurs at greater distances.

For the rest... I'm guessing the features haven't been implemented like they need to be. I guess it confers some benefits, but overall haven't seen any on how they should work. May be actually where it's launched, but agreed, none of it seems to matter whether its checked or unchecked.