Sign in to follow this  
tranquillo

Problem with OFF

Great...eventually got my joystick and went for a free flight.

After several minutes flying (25 min?) I chose to end the flight and OFF seemed to hang for ever. I had to resort to ctrl+alt+del to get me to my logon screen (I'm running windows 7). Does this mean that when I fly "for real" that my flight will not be recorded or is this "hang" normal and I should have waited it out?

Terrific sim and the learning curve looks so steep it's almost vertical - going to have some great fun with this.l

How did you end the free flight? Using the menu?

No it's not normal.

Are you running with "Run as Administrator" checked?

How did you end the free flight? Using the menu?

No it's not normal.

Are you running with "Run as Administrator" checked?

Thanks for the reply.

I hit Esc then chose "End Flight", got the screen that says "are you sure" and then it all went black except for the little blue circle.

I'm not running as Administrater, only in XP sp3 compatability mode.

Interestingly when I opened the Task Manager it didn't show OFF as running.

More important than running with SP3 compatibility mode is to run as administrator. In my case I don't have SP3 compatibility mode set activated. It seems a little slower in accessing the hardisk, so I decided to try without it. But without Run as Administrator, that's an impossible task; sooner or later "strange things" will happen, like what have happened with you.

EDIT: And do it to both files offmanager.exe and csf3.exe.

Edited by Von Paulus

Thanks guys.

I've changed OFF and CFS3 to run as administrator and all seems to be OK now.

I have read the FAQ and the stickies but there is so much information contained in both that I must have missed this.

Thanks for your help and sorry if I've wasted your time.

Thanks guys.

I've changed OFF and CFS3 to run as administrator and all seems to be OK now.

I have read the FAQ and the stickies but there is so much information contained in both that I must have missed this.

Thanks for your help and sorry if I've wasted your time.

Windows 7 isn't "officially" supported, so the FAQ only refers to known Vista issues (but they also apply to Win7):

Known Vista Specific Issues:

1) Upon returning from a mission, Vista may briefly show a window stating that OFF is not responding, before the interface refreshes. Just be patient, do *not* click, wait a few seconds for the OFF Manager screen to reappear.

2) On start up of OFF the Vista desktop may be briefly visible between splash screens

3) If you have problems running OFF, with errors such as: OFFMan: Fatal Error Loading Menu! OFF will now exit! - Try un-installing and re-installing OFF!"

Set the OFF Manager and cfs3.exe to run as administrator. To do this:

Right click on the icon for OFF manager, left click on Properties, Compatibility, set it to Run as Administrator.

Find the cfs3.exe in "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder and do the same

Doesn't seem to be much need for a Windows 7 FAQ. No other problems that I'm aware of...