Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

Dual Core or Quad Core?

Yes, I'm back again. And I have my eye on PCs w/ two different CPUs:

Dual core = Phenom II X2 550(3.1GHz)

Quad core = Athlon II X4 630(2.8GHz)

Which one would you folks pic for OFF?

Thanks.

I just got a laptop with an Intel Dual Core running at 2.2Ghz, which is considerably slower then the dual core you are looking at, and I have noticed a considerable improvement in the overall smoothness of operations. I dont fly OFF tho, so I dont have any info for that sim, but X-Plane and IL2 run fine, and thats with an integrated graphics chip!

Ok - after a bunch of hemming and hawing I went w/:

Cyberpower custon build:

- Phenom II X4 965(3.4GHz)

- 4GB DDR3 1600 Memory

- 500GB HD

- ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB

- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

...it's gonna be a long 10 days!

So...what are the best Catalyst drivers to use w/ OFF?

Edited by Barkhorn1x

Yeah the Newegg got me thinking, till I read about the cracked MoBo, and the memory sticks in the wrong slots, and that was 1333. Who assembled these things? Some 8yr-old Genius

I went w/ Cyberpower instead of Ibuypower (the NewEgg source company) - they have a very good reputation - you can customize to your hearts content (better box, better PSU, more fans) - just better quality all the way around. Or so I am told and hopefully will find out. :cool:

I went w/ Cyberpower instead of Ibuypower (the NewEgg source company) - they have a very good reputation - you can customize to your hearts content (better box, better PSU, more fans) - just better quality all the way around. Or so I am told and hopefully will find out. cool.gif

CyberPower is the way to go...they are located just a few miles from where I live. They have been successful enough that they are currently in the process of moving to a new, larger facility to meet the demand. Unlike many custom PC companies, they didn't start as a retailer; they are strictly buiild to order, and they sell internationally, and focus on keeping the customer happy. Nice pick!!

CyberPower is the way to go...they are located just a few miles from where I live. They have been successful enough that they are currently in the process of moving to a new, larger facility to meet the demand. Unlike many custom PC companies, they didn't start as a retailer; they are strictly buiild to order, and they sell internationally, and focus on keeping the customer happy. Nice pick!!

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know I made the right choice.

My only comment is, having gone for Win7 64 bit, I think I'd have sprung for 8 GB of RAM.

But I'm still wildly jealous! Good luck; we await feedback!

Tom

My only comment is, having gone for Win7 64 bit, I think I'd have sprung for 8 GB of RAM.

But I'm still wildly jealous! Good luck; we await feedback!

Tom

Oh, will get to the 8 GB level by Christmas. :salute:

Thanks for the well wishes. I will give feedback - and screenshots. :cool: