Sign in to follow this  
Helmut_AUT

Better terrain detail (more tree sprites...?)

Hi all

Some of you might have seen Jan Tumas excellent terrain mod for First Eagles.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10549

Besides doing seasonal tilesets, the biggest improvement he made is a massive tense amount of tree sprites and a rework of the default "farm" objects to show a lot more detail.

Now, for SF2 Europe, I don't really need a large seasonal tile package, and my HD space is limited. But is there a simple way to at least get more trees so that forrests do look like forrests?

later

Helmut

Easiest and simplest answer:

how about just using ONE season from Stary's pak????

you'll just need the TODs for their placement, and tgas for the proper season's trees

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

yes, you'd just remove the "seasonal changes dates listing thingies" at the bottom of the main ini (GermanyCE.ini)

Don't forget, whichever tileset you choose, goes UP one level, into the main GermanyCE folder. Should work with no problemos!! Shouldn't have to edit the data ini, as all seasons use the same tile names.

But I'd reccomend archiving the set, for a future time when more HD space might become available.

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for all the help, I'll give it a go when I find time in the weekend. The difference between FE2 terrain and SF2 terrain now is really striking, shows what would be possible with the engine...

There's only one difference between FE2 and SF2E -the single tile of default terrains in FE2 covers 500x500 meters while single tile in SF2 series is 2x2 kilometers -the smaller tile to populate allows for better detail and amount of objects (by some 16 times!)

nothing to do with the engine, really