Sign in to follow this  
MaverickMike

Looking for a little help

Ok I have two questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Just wondering whether any of you guys know of a desert skin for the phantom fgr.2 (RAF)

2. Im planning on putting HMS Ark Royal into SF2. Is there a second gen version available or will i need to convert it myself. If this is the case do i simply follow the instructions in KB for converting ground objects or will there be more to it because its a carrier?

What im planning to do is to edit the 72 campaign (the recently uploaded desert 3 version) so that the RAF phantoms are based on the Ark royal in the straights of dhimar instead of the airfield.

Thanks in advance

Mike

ok no known desert skin for RAF Phantoms. The RAF would not have flown off the ARK Royal but in 72 the Ark was still flying FG1's in Navy Blue. as for placing the carrier i got some help from Wrench on that will shoot you a link to the post at lunch.

Thanks for the reply. I cant seem to find any FG.1s so im going to use the fgr.2s instead. As for the link thanks but I already know how to place the carrier etc. Just not sure if converting it will work using the knowledge base.

I will try and give it a go a bit later on

Thanks again

Mike

I also think that SidDogg did a few for USAF Phantoms at about this time last year and it's easy enough to cut and paste the Spey nozzles onto the relevant bitmap to convert it to fit the Third Wire F-4M.

sorry as for adding carriers here is the link to the post Wrench sent me. it was for SF2E but you should be able to do it up for SF2 easy enough scrool all the way to the bottom

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/52106-davehelp/page__p__379309&?do=findComment&comment=379309

as for FG1s they are in the british Phantom super pack released a month or so ago

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10640

the Knowledge base will tell you how to convert planes or ground objects over its so easy i can do itgrin.gif i had to post about carriers because the accompanying photos of ini edits are missing. i hope that helps you

@ spinners Sweet skin!

@ spinners Sweet skin!

Thanks. But, as mentioned, the skin is by Coyote not me. I just added the decals.