Sign in to follow this  

I know this is the second topic im starting today and im sorry for that, but I have another problem and its really getting on my nerves now.

In my previous topic i mentioned that i wanted to modify the stock SF2 72' campaign to include the ark royal and a unit of royal navy phantoms. I have succesfully added the carrier and navy phantoms to the campaign but when I try and choose them from the campaign setup screen this is what i get....

I have added the unit to the campaign under royal navy unit and followed the correct numbering procedure etc.

Once i choose this unit anyway the game assigns me to an f-4E sqd on a random airfield. The navy unit I created does show up on the map.

I bet I have missed something quite simple but for the life of me I cant see what it is

Mike

Edited by MaverickMike

From a quick scan of what is here: It seems like the UnitID=? in the campaign.ini file and the [AirUnit00?] numbers in the campaign_data file are not matching up.

They have to be the same. eg; UnitID=9 and [AirUnit009]

You also have to have a modded Campaigns folder up in Documents(XP) or Users(Vista or 7).

Ezlead thanks for the reply. You were right in your assumption, the unitid was wrong, but even after I changed the unit id the squadron stil didnt show up.

Thanks for the link MigBuster, but I have already read through that topic. Basically what im trying to do is add the royal navy as a playable faction then add the 767sqd flying the f-4k off the ark royal. I have placed the ark royal and it is showing up. I have changed one of the existing RAF sqds to fly from it just to make sure it was ok and everything was fine. I just cant get the navy sqd to show for sum reason. Im a bit of a noob at modding as you can probably tell dntknw.gif

Well I thought for a minute that I had this sorted. I didnt add the 767sqd to squadronlist.ini. However after doing this I have a new problem. When i start a campaign with this squadron, no matter what i put under basearea, I always end up flying from D3 airfield. There is a duplicate 767sqd that is not playable based on the ark royal.

I have checked through both campaign inis to see if i have duplicated the entries and I have not.

Any ideas?

Edited by MaverickMike

Anyone have any ideas? Id really appreciate some help on this otherwise I may throw my PC through my window......lol.gif