Sign in to follow this  

Hi All,

Have interesting image corruption while flying in bad weather. It happens in any kind of bad weather. When flying in clear skies no issues whatsoever.

There is no frames drop or any other anomalies when this happens. It happens regardless of a plane i am using, stock or add-on

img00005i.jpg

img00002a.jpg

img00002v.jpg

img00001l.jpg

My spec

C2D E8400 @ 3.8 Ghz

4 gig ram

Ati 5870 10.3a driver

Win 7 64 bit

Resolution : 1920 x 1200

All in game graphics settings on high or unlimited, which ever setting can be set to unlimited it is, others on high

Through Catalyst Control panel i am forcing

Anti-alias 8x

Aniso 16x

Anti-alias mode set super sample aa

all other games work fine

Any ideas how to sort this?

Cheers guys

Which series? If it's SF2 or any of it's derivatives, then try turning off advanced shaders.

Which series? If it's SF2 or any of it's derivatives, then try turning off advanced shaders.

Sorry, forgot to mention SF2 Vietnam, Europe & Israel merged.

where do i turn them of, they are in ini file?

I once saw that in the movie 'Independence Day'...

blink.gif

where do i turn them of, they are in ini file?

In either the 'Saved Games" (Vista, Windows 7), or inside of the "My Documents" folder (Windows 2000 & XP), you'll find a folder named 'Thirdwire'. That's your "mod folder". Inside of that, you'll find a separate folder for each TW title that you've installed.

There's a file named "Options.ini" located in each of the individual title folders (one in SF2, SF2V,SF2E, SF2I).

Open the Options.ini file, and scroll down to the

Graphics Options header. Beneath it, you'll see "UseAdvancedShaders=1". Change its value from 1 to 0 (to disable it).

Let us know if that worked for you.

There should also be an environmentsystem.ini fix as this problem doesn't happen with NF4+ and a few other mods changing environment parameters (haven't looked into it yet).

There should also be an environmentsystem.ini fix as this problem doesn't happen with NF4+ and a few other mods changing environment parameters (haven't looked into it yet).

Only because NF4+'s environmentsystem.ini is not up to current standards, and lacks the proper material/shader callouts.

In either the 'Saved Games" (Vista, Windows 7), or inside of the "My Documents" folder (Windows 2000 & XP), you'll find a folder named 'Thirdwire'. That's your "mod folder". Inside of that, you'll find a separate folder for each TW title that you've installed.

There's a file named "Options.ini" located in each of the individual title folders (one in SF2, SF2V,SF2E, SF2I).

Open the Options.ini file, and scroll down to the

Graphics Options header. Beneath it, you'll see "UseAdvancedShaders=1". Change its value from 1 to 0 (to disable it).

Let us know if that worked for you.

Cheers for the info.

This does fix the problem, but it brings down FPS dramatically, i am not measuring FPS, but difference is very noticeable, i believe they

are dipping below 20 probably lower, and it does not look very nice at all.

I guess am going to be flying only in clear skies, unless there is somat else i can try?

Ved

Edited by Vekiq

Ok, after testing, the only Shader being problematic with the 5xxx series seems to be envCloudLayer.

So, there is a fix available without having to deactivate all the advanced shaders.

Step 1. Extract environmentsystem.ini from FlightData.cat (in /program files/thirdwire/strike fighters 2/flight).

Step 2. Copy it to /users/saved games/thirdwire/StrikeFighters2 Europe|Vietnam|etc.../flight

Step 3. Edit it, replacing EffectShaderName=envCloudLayer.fx with EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx in the [CloudLayerMaterial] entry.

Ideally, for each new Catalyst release or SF2 patch you should remove this modified ini to test if the problem's fixed, and if it is not after a SF2 patch, repeat the procedure instead of reusing the same file.

Ok, after testing, the only Shader being problematic with the 5xxx series seems to be envCloudLayer.

So, there is a fix available without having to deactivate all the advanced shaders.

Step 1. Extract environmentsystem.ini from FlightData.cat (in /program files/thirdwire/strike fighters 2/flight).

Step 2. Copy it to /users/saved games/thirdwire/StrikeFighters2 Europe|Vietnam|etc.../flight

Step 3. Edit it, replacing EffectShaderName=envCloudLayer.fx with EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx in the [CloudLayerMaterial] entry.

Ideally, for each new Catalyst release or SF2 patch you should remove this modified ini to test if the problem's fixed, and if it is not after a SF2 patch, repeat the procedure instead of reusing the same file.

Gunrunner, cheers for advice, i found the file and trying to extract it with Fine Crypt Archiver, but file is passworded.

Is there generic password that will work with these kind of files in SF2?

Cheers

Use one of the cat file extractors, such as this one: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10458

Cheers m8, cant download right now, need to wait for allowance reset, does it happen automatically, last file i downloaded was about 24 hours ago

is there an external link?

In either case, as soon as i manage to get to file i will report back if it has worked.

Thanks a bunch for helping me out guys

Check your Personel Messages

Check your Personel Messages

Fantastic, Fixed :)

Thanks for help, hope i will be able to return favour in some way at some point.

Thanks Again

Ved