Sign in to follow this  
Animator

Will my system be able to run OFF...

Hi everyone,

I am new here in the forums and found OFF during my search for a realistic WWI flight sim with maximal immersion.

I would like to play OFF on maximal realism (concerning clouds, air activity, etc.) but I am not sure if my machine is able to handle that:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.01 Ghz

GigaByte K8NF-9 Ultra nF4

DD 2,00 GB RAM 400-333 K2 KVR

Sapphire 512 D3 X ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB

BenQ FP91G+ monitor (1280x1024)

XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Saitek ST290Pro Joystick

I won't play OFF just for the fun of it but to get a deeper understanding of the airplanes and the style of combat manoeuvres pilots were able to fly with them, as well as for the change of combat situations from 1916 to 1918.

My goal is to be able to create realistic, thrilling and convincing shots and sequences of aerial combat for an independent animated movie I am currently developing (and will be developing for the next five years or so).

Thank you very much for your support!

Animator

Looking at the specs thats close to what my old PC was running end of last year and she ran OFF just fine... you wont have the sliders maxed out but it will still look good...

Welcome to the club also there is from what I have seen a very active online setup though I havn't indulged yet...

Though some of the others have a penchant for asking for a beer as your the new guy they get that way after awhile but they do grow on you :lol:

Good luck with the movie... some of the old hands in here will be able to help you out with just about anything also take a look at this link on the Tube of doom...

It was created by one of the genius's on here run's by the nickname of RickityCrate...

Hope this is of use to you...

Edited by Slartibartfast