Sign in to follow this  
UnknownPilot

I'd like to return this child please.

That's sad or we are missing some story. Here's the weird part...

Something is missing -- either from the story which is standard for zero quality quicky news like this, or a father/husband is missing which means there is no full "family" to begin with.

Russia's foreign minister said the country should freeze adoptions with U.S. families after a 7-year-old Russian boy was shipped back to Moscow on a one-way flight by his adoptive mother in Tennessee.

:

:

Hansen, reportedly a single, 34-year-old nurse

:

:dntknw:

That's sad or we are missing some story. Here's the weird part...

Something is missing -- either from the story which is standard for zero quality quicky news like this, or a father/husband is missing which means there is no full "family" to begin with.

:dntknw:

The article was pretty open about the adoptive parent's status. She's single with 1 biological child of her own, and she adopted this kid (for reasons unknown and not delved into by the article).

Sounds to me like someone was being quoted, and when speaking, sometimes things are less than explicitly specific. I take it to mean that he/they want to freeze all adopts of Russian kids to anyone in the US, single parent or married couple.

Yea not much info to go on there. Both sides of the pond could tighten up requirements a bit.

Seriosly, this woman could not have much of a brain or heart for that matter.

Hm... if the boy was in deed violent and unstable, a fact that Russian officials faild to disclose, then I can kind of see why she was upset in adopting him. However, every adoptive parent should know that there is no absolute gurantee that the child that they are going to adopt will be this "golden" child for them. I don't know how international adoptions go, and if the adopting parents have an oportunity to get to meet the child prior to completing the adoption agreement. If they don't, then shame on them if they end up adopting a child that has some serious issues. Adopting is undertaking a serious responsiblity that is more unique and involved than any other. It's not like buying a puppy, having it around for a few weeks, and then sending it back to the pound/shelter if you don't like the pup. You just don't treat children that way, no matter what kind of issues they might have.

I see it this way. adopted or not it's your child to keep if you sign the adoption papers. Just like a biological child of your own you can't choose what you want or don't want. But have to stick with what you have and get the best out of it. remember the kid didn't choose you as its parents you did by getting it the first place natural or adopted. Just my 2 cents

• Like 1