Sign in to follow this  
Hellman

X52.Pro Profile?

Hello,

After 3 failed attempts at making a profile for OFF I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their X52.pro profile with me. I tried a search to find one but had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Another X-52 in WWI . . Fly by the seat of the pants... just gets lost somehow . . Personal Opinion dntknw.gif

Ummmm..... o.k. Care to elaborate on that comment. Its a tad cryptic. Je ne comprend pas.

No need anymore.... I found a back-up of the missing profile I made awhile back. No replies anyway.

I am looking for an OFF version of reality......What HOTAS system are you flying in your OFF version of reality??? I'm trying to get some immersion and unfortunately I own an x52pro, hence my dilemma.

Enjoy your Saitek HOTAS and do OFF the way you like it. FFB is nice but why settle for less in a control system simply for the sake of FFB? I'll be using my 16 year old Thrustmaster gear for OFF and all my sims until it breaks, I run out of spare parts, or I die.

Most importantly; opinions are like bums, everybodys got one.

Roger that Winston! I'm not about to spend the $$$ on a new Logitech HOTAS with FFB when I have a perfectly good X52pro with TiR and pedals to boot. I do however appreciate Uncleal's comment as I race with a G52 which has FFB and it is much more immersive indeed. I haven't even seen the new Logitech HOTAS for sale here in Canada yet so I have no options as I wont fly WW1 without pedals.

I am curious though as Uncleal doesn't seem to use pedals which for me definitely ads more to the immersion, especially with WW1 birds, than an inaccurate FFB model would. Is it after all even close to feeling what the real thing is? I have had about 10hrs flying in a Piper Cherokee and something tells me that any available FFB stick on the market could never emulate what the real deal is.

Anyway I'm off to race some Slot cars.... far from the immersion of racing real cars but very fun... which is what we are all after anyway.

I've lusted after a Logitech G940 System since they were introduced. Force feedback, nice throttle, and rudder pedals too! Until I tried one out in a local store here. I was completely turned off by the excess play in the joysticks center. It gave the feeling that it was completely worn out already. This was right out of the box. The rudder pedals had a strange feel; my feet would not stay on them somehow, perhaps they are too slippery or the footrests don't have the proper angle?

I can now put this out of my mind as I'll not be purchasing one of these. Nice idea though. Maybe future production runs will have improved joystick construction tolerances?

..... so don't be too hastey to write it off.......

Nothing hasty about it. I used it for over an hour on various sims before deciding it wasn't built well enough for me. The sloppyness in the joysticks center is something I could not live with. It would have to be built with much closer tolerances to get me to spend $300. After all, it's certainly not going to ever get any better with use.

I fire my guns with the spacebar, all the gun pulses still remain.

While the SE5 firing it's weapon, shakes like a washing machine on steroids. The only way to simutate it is with a Force Feedback Joystick. Y

So, how do these two statements remain compatible, uncleal? Using spacebar equals loss of immersion, no?

I know what you're getting at though- at a recent flight sim show there was a stand where the guy had built a BF109 cockpit which had FF on the firing and rumble/vibration in the seat- looking out on to a projector screen-

Now, THAT was something!

Hello,

After 3 failed attempts at making a profile for OFF I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their X52.pro profile with me. I tried a search to find one but had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Here's mine...well, only as far as the screen shot allows me to show.

On the throttle:

Fire D = Mixture Cut-Off (Ctrl+Shift+F6)

Fire E = Screenshot (Ctrl+;)

On the Joystick Hat Switch:

Up arrow = Virtual Cockpit

Down Arrow = Chase View

Left Arrow = TAC Range

Right Arrow = Player/Target View