Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

DBS Limited Nations Tweek

DBS Limited Nations Tweek

Danger: Bering Straits Nations Fix for SF2 series -ONLY-

Just a small package of 2 inis, that activate the "LimitedNations" statement for the Major Lee's DBS terrain.

This will now effectively "cut off" any nations for single mission play that shouldn't be seen in the region. Obviously, one would NOT expect to find Isreali, North Vietnamese, Belgian, Lybian or anyone else that just plane shouldn't be there.

The nations have been limited to the "usual suspects" for the region:

USAF

USN

USMC

RCAF (CAF)

and

Soviet

Nothing else has been changed, just the players on this playground. So, =all= the normal mission statements (CAS, Sweep, Anti-Ship, etc) are active as normally seen.

It's reccomended for use with the 2 updates that have been released for DBS, and you should have them already before installing this mod:

Bering Straits Terrain Targets Upgrade Pak

http://forum.combatace.com/files/file/7684-bering-straits-terrain-targets-upgrade/

Bering Straits Water Fix Mod

http://forum.combatace.com/files/file/10787-dbs-water-fix/

While designed for SF2 series, it will most likely work in SF/Wo* 1stGens at the 08 patch level that can take advantage of the limited nations statement. However, this has =NOT= been tested. Those that do install to first gens, feedback is requested.

As always, a simple and easy to follow readme is enclosed -- so read it!!! You're actually only changing 2 files, but I'm from the world of CYA, so... READ IT!! grin.gif

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I approve of this mod, and am amazed you are still getting mileage out of this... :salute:

ML

WAIT. does the limited nations statement work for series one aswell?

Thank you Ken! It's still one of the most fun terrains around.

Another one I want to look over, as time permits, is the Himalayas.

Canadair: it should!! VietnamSEA in WoV uses it, and the format is exactly the same. (test it and let me know, please!)

------------------

btw, another quickie I just tested, is comment OUT the DBS_Envrionmental.ini statement of use in SF2 ... the sky looks funny in DX10. Just let the game use the stock one.

wrench

kevin stein

As a note Wrench I tested extensively the limited nation function in series one it works perfectly. obviously of course the userlist.ini functions do not, and the skinpicked is the one with the nationname in data ini.

I wish I figured that out )or someone told me ( earlier. That limited antion thing really makes a difference now. the user list would help in picking the skins for the nations involved for a terrain, but that is obviously a SF2 feature. Anyway the imitednations feature alone in SF1, is a reason less to move to SF2 totally