Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

50 cal gun converance for wing guns

I noticed tonight that the 51's wing guns are converging at long range (looks like 600 yrds). I got a habit of shooting at .02nm or 200 yrds depending on the sim I'm playing (SF2, IL2 WOP). Is there a way of ini edit the gun converance for .02nm for SF2 P-51D and the SF2 Spits?

Falcon

Reason for edit: spelling

Edited by FalconC45

It should be easy... if you know trigonometry :grin:

The relevant parameters are the gun aim angles in data.ini

If you look at the mustang's data ini, you'll find an extra space in 3 of AimAngles= statements, remove the space, and see what happens.

Having added it enough times on my ww2 mods ... :crazy:

Actually, you're looking for convergergence at 200-250 yards. You can even change them in pairs (iirc some Jug aces used to do that --350, 300, 200, 250 for each pair)

the problem with the Spits, would be the 20mm and 303s have completly different ballistic trajectories (and sometimes, the 303s had been replaced by Browning 50s)

edit: ammo count is off, too methinks ... my IDF Spit 9 (based off DATs Mk.VIII), used 350 for the MGs, and 120 for Hispano (TK cannon rounds are correct). I KNOW that data is accurate from somwhere...just can't remember where.. Modelers Datafile on Merllin Spits? Mushromm Yellow??? ????

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

edit: ammo count is off, too methinks ... my IDF Spit 9 (based off DATs Mk.VIII), used 350 for the MGs, and 120 for Hispano (TK cannon rounds are correct). I KNOW that data is accurate from somwhere...just can't remember where.. Modelers Datafile on Merllin Spits? Mushromm Yellow??? ????

wrench

kevin stein

No, TK has provided the correct ammo amount for his Spits, the two .50cal MGs in the E-wing had only 250 rounds each, while the .303 MGs in the C-wing had 350 rounds each. I just checked that in Haynes' Owners Workshop manual for the Spitfire. (And no, I'm not building my own Spitfire...I wish I could though.) :grin:

Edited by Gocad

you dog, you!!! the mechanic in me loves those kind of books!!!

thanks, GC!

wrench

kevin stein

the problem with the Spits, would be the 20mm and 303s have completly different ballistic trajectories (and sometimes, the 303s had been replaced by Browning 50s)

wrench

kevin stein

This is not a problem, since you can always separate them into primary and secondary gun, with different keystroke for each.

If you look at the mustang's data ini, you'll find an extra space in 3 of AimAngles= statements, remove the space, and see what happens.

Having added it enough times on my ww2 mods ... :crazy:

Actually, you're looking for convergergence at 200-250 yards. You can even change them in pairs (iirc some Jug aces used to do that --350, 300, 200, 250 for each pair)

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Falcon