Sign in to follow this  
Heretic

SFP2E Campaign Mission Generator - WTH?!?

That's another interesting topic.

Funnily enough I've never cread much for the Hoover in the SF games. I just wanted to survive long enough in one for the Zipper or Rhino to arrive.

But how do you actually use a F-100 right? Hit and run?

Slash attacks in a F-100 is good tactics. Actually the Hun is a true lesson in energy management if you want to survive grin.gif Never ever get lured into a turning fight with a Mig or you end up dead. Use split-S maneuvers or similar maneuvers to keep up the speed and keep the advantage. And when you shoot use very short bursts or your 20mm guns will jam quickly.

Call me dumb, but I've never paid attention to the attrition system in SFP. You'll get replacements for both pilots and aircraft over the course of the campaign, right?

Are those enough (I'm playing on "normal" difficulty/supply) to get at least a four-ship formation airborne?

I found this thread looking for that particular answer. So far, I finally managed to survive a Harrier campaign for more than three days, but I lost 5 wingmen already (god, they can be stupid sometimes). Can I expect new pilots and enough aircraft, or will I run out eventually?

I found this thread looking for that particular answer. So far, I finally managed to survive a Harrier campaign for more than three days, but I lost 5 wingmen already (god, they can be stupid sometimes). Can I expect new pilots and enough aircraft, or will I run out eventually?

Depends on what you set your resupply at in the campaign. Here is where I do the opposite of F-100. For Harriers, I go in 1 to 2 ship formations and I fly LOW, terrain mask, always carry A2A missiles (AIM-9L's will keep SU-27's and Mig-29's at bay), 2 bombs and a centerline tank. In and out, no second runs. If you have air cover, once you drop your iron, find them (if they are not engaged) and fly toward them staying at low altitude. Then let them fly over you and egress away from them. Anything looking at you or heading towards now has your air cover to deal with. The key as you know though is do not stick around. You miss the target, oh well....go home to fight another day.

Thanks Dave.

Not sure what I set the campaign at, the briefing screen shows 9% supply for my squadron, not quite a lot.

Good trick with the air cover, though I admit I'm feeling incredible blind in the Stock Gr.3. No Radar, no visual RWR, and the TAC often gives confusing threat vectors...

Thanks Dave.

Not sure what I set the campaign at, the briefing screen shows 9% supply for my squadron, not quite a lot.

Good trick with the air cover, though I admit I'm feeling incredible blind in the Stock Gr.3. No Radar, no visual RWR, and the TAC often gives confusing threat vectors...

That is where you have to cheat and look on the map. If the briefing were in good detail you would know where your aircover would be much better. But since its so basic looking at the map is a good replacement.

That's the map where I edited the enemy/friendly icons out ;)

Maybe, seeing that I usually only open the map briefly, I should add them back in to serve as "AWACS-Picture" since the TAC doesn't give proper picture over radio.

Also seems no matter how often I call for Assistance, I get none. I'm not even sure my Harriers do have air cover most of the time.

Also seems no matter how often I call for Assistance, I get none. I'm not even sure my Harriers do have air cover most of the time.

TK has never fixed that. I wish he would. Even if you don't have air cover assigned, then I find one, say some F-15's on CAP's or sweep then do the same thing. I love to move mud but I find flying an F-15 in the game and provding air cover for strike missions to be much more fun now. The BVR capability just makes my flight of 8 just clear the skies for the mud movers and give me a good deal of satidfaction making it easier for you guys.

I found that by reading the briefing map, I can get some details (checking other airbases for their assigned task, and suddenly there's a CAP where I'm on CAS.

I guess I'll enable friendly AC in the map labels again.