Sign in to follow this  
MaverickMike

Anyone else had/having this problem

Hi guys,

I have a complete merged install of all the series 2 sims including the suez expansion patched up to date. I decided to uninstall SF2:Israel and the expansion pack and create a standalone install ready for the 48' mod that is being released.

When the game is uninstalling its just getting stuck at the following prompt.

Execute C:\Program Files (x86)\Thirdwire\Strike Fighters 2\ TwGameExplorer.exe

Does this mean the install is porched anyway? I dont want to have to uninstall the entire series just to seperate the merged install. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

Edited by MaverickMike

What you could of done was not uninstall at all. Just take the SF2:I and the Expansion and install them into another directory. I think you porked your install though.

As TK wrote somewhere, TwGameExplorer is a piece for registering games in Vista/Win7 game manager. If the bug is consistent and the game doesn't un-register, then you might want to tell TK about that. Although, perhaps, because of files being merged and joined it's impossible to break the combined game.

I have also just noticed that there is no option to uninstall SF2 in add/remove programs. It has SF2:Europe and Vietnam but no vanilla SF2 icon.