Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Just a few pics

All from a my 1918 campaign:

I'll tell ya those troops are an awsome ground object. There is just as much going on on the ground as in the air sometimes.

Those are great! What mods are you using? I have FE2, but I give the old FE mods a try sometimes with certain degrees of success :) Thanks!

Hey, Quack. Did you see the link at Geo's site to Marco's skin packs? http://www.geos-airc...m/SFObjects.htm You can have multiple types of infantry, each wearing their own uniforms. I have Poilu (early, with red pants; late, with horizon blue), Scots, Brits, US Army, US Marines; just by copying and renaming the inis and data.inis, then changing the nationalities, etc. You can also dress up his two field guns as different types. I have a French and an American 75, a British 18pdr, and of course, a German Whiz Bang 77. Geo has great stuff at his site. Boy, the modders here (yourself included) have taken this sim to a whole new level. It is light years beyond what I bought from TK. So many addons and improvements. My thanks to all!

Edited by Heck

Hey, Quack. Did you see the link at Geo's site to Marco's skin packs? http://www.geos-airc...m/SFObjects.htm You can have multiple types of infantry, each wearing their own uniforms. I have Poilu (early, with red pants; late, with horizon blue), Scots, Brits, US Army, US Marines; just by copying and renaming the inis and data.inis, then changing the nationalities, etc. You can also dress up his two field guns as different types. I have a French and an American 75, a British 18pdr, and of course, a German Whiz Bang 77. Geo has great stuff at his site. Boy, the modders here (yourself included) have taken this sim to a whole new level. It is light years beyond what I bought from TK. So many addons and improvements. My thanks to all!

The ground troops are from Geo's site. I have all his ground objects. I'm slowly trying to populate the terrains with them. And color them too. They're great for campaigns.

dumb question here....sorry

to have them in the 'quick missions' do I have to add them to the ***targets.ini (e.g. put them into the corresponding terrain folder) ??

thx

gt

dumb question here....sorry

to have them in the 'quick missions' do I have to add them to the ***targets.ini (e.g. put them into the corresponding terrain folder) ??

thx

gt

If you mean in army cooperation missions in the single missions, then the answer is no. They'll appear in this type of mission as long as they're in the ground objects folder. I've gone into the data.inis of all my tanks and infantry and changed the availability line of infantry to Availability=Very_Common, then changed the lines of the real tanks to Availability=Rare. This makes infantry show up a lot more often than tanks.

If you mean in the actual quick mission, you need to edit the instantaction.ini, which specifies the forces involved in a quick mission.

Like Quack, you can add them to the types and targets inis of the various terrains, which places them as battlefield objects. You don't need to add them to the terrain folder, because you add them to the types.ini by using a line that says, "UseGroundObject=True, then specifying which ground object type to use in another line. Look in the types and targets inis of the Flanders terrain for examples of this. I did this once, it makes your eyes bleed placing them, but you'll see them wherever you place them along the front, no matter what type of mission you fly.rofl.gif

Hope all this didn't just confuse you.

Heck

Oops, another ps. If they're appearing in Quack's 1918 campaign, as stated in the caption to one of his pics, then he's added them as ground units in the appropriate lines in his campaigndata.inis

Edited by Heck

Thx Heck!

Well I should have written more in detail....yes I ment 'Single Mission', don't want to change the 'instantaction.ini'.

Since I don't like to have my eyes bleeding, but want to see more movement on the ground (even in single-mission)....is there a more simple way than

- modifying the HUD data

- flying above the map an writing down the offset whenever I want to place something

- editing targets.ini and types.ini accordingly

???

Mind you, I could live with modifying types.ini, but writing down line after line within targets.ini will kill me :no:

Not to mention writing down all co-ordinates :blink:

Is there a tool for such work? Something that could help here?

thx

gterl

Thx Heck!

Well I should have written more in detail....yes I ment 'Single Mission', don't want to change the 'instantaction.ini'.

Since I don't like to have my eyes bleeding, but want to see more movement on the ground (even in single-mission)....is there a more simple way than

- modifying the HUD data

- flying above the map an writing down the offset whenever I want to place something

- editing targets.ini and types.ini accordingly

???

Mind you, I could live with modifying types.ini, but writing down line after line within targets.ini will kill me :no:

Not to mention writing down all co-ordinates :blink:

Is there a tool for such work? Something that could help here?

thx

gterl

Unfortunately, the old mission makers don't seem to work with series 2 sims. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that. I used to use LeMissioneur to pick up the coordinates to place things on the map. One thing you might try is this: use the find function in notepad to find the location of watertowerdebris, or whatever it's called to find each callout for that type of debris. That would mark the various destroyed towns along the front. You could then place objects near those, such as the MG's at Geo's site, or his artillery. You can also use the find function to locate the bunkers along the front. That would work too. I like placing AAA machine guns from Capun's site in the destroyed towns, as if they're a battalion hq, which would recieve AAA protection. There's no object placement tool, except for the terrain editor that I know of, and I have no idea how to use that. Sorry.