Sign in to follow this  
guyran

My First Combat Flght Simulator

The very first was "F-15 Strike Eagle", not sure about wich version, for PC. Then i got "Black Knights", about the VMFA-314. Later i moved on to the First World War, with "Red Baron" and "Royal Flying Corps" since then, i flew Novalogic and Microsoft CFS series until i got SFP1, and now the second generation

"MiG-29" for Amiga was my first sim, then came Falcon3.

It's easy to tell which F-15 SE, macelena. If everything was featureless and enemy planes were wireframe triangles, it was F-15SE1. If it had VGA graphics (used F-19's engine), featured the Iran and Iraq theaters (corresponding to Desert Storm), and had a simplified damage model where every hit you took would ONLY take out engine thrust, no loss of radar or weapons or HUD, it was F-15SE 2. If it had coop MP that let you fly either front seat/back seat or 2 planes and was actually fairly realistic for its time, sort of like LOMAC, 2nd only to the Falcon series, it was F-15 SE 3.

Jane's F-15 was more or less F-15 SE4 as it was the same team working for Origin/EA instead of MPS. I loved it, but the elimination of coop MP and only stupid H2H was disappointing. That said, it was the flight sim that convinced me to trade in my Voodoo 1 for a Voodoo 2 as it REALLY improved the fps.