Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

37 Sq R FC 1917

Oh my rather interesting This is the one plane I have flown the most in OFF... as I am trying to survive until the end of the war... At present I am away from my Game PC and as my Laptop doesn't have the clout to run OFF its going to be interesting getting back into flying again...

I noted with interest the armourer's assistant handed the observer 4 drums - 3 stowed and one on the Lewis gun. I'm not knowledgeable enought to discern whether they were 47 drums or 94's. Anyone able to tell for sure?

shred

That is a great old film clip carrick, I even have a copy of it saved in my personal library. TKS for sharing.

Shredward, those are the 97-round drums, Sir.

.That is a great old film clip carrick, I even have a copy of it saved in my personal library. TKS for sharing.

Shredward, those are the 97-round drums, Sir.

Thanks Lou!

And you caught the trick question:salute:

I think that loadout is what we had modelled, but it's always nice to get verifiication from a priceless resource like that clip!

Cheers,

shredward

hee, hee...got myself tripped up in your trick question too Sir. I had originally posted my answer as the 97-round as I knew that's what it was by the thickness of the case. But then I saw you had noted a 94-round and thought, "Well, Shredward would know of what he speaks in this instance", so I changed it to read 94. Then I thought, "Now hold on here, I KNOW it's a 97-round load, not a 94", so I deleted my entry and reposted my original. You sneaky devil you.