Sign in to follow this  
Johan217

Missing or incorrect skin files

In my current campaign (RFC 45Sqn, October 1916) I've noticed that some flight members are using an incorrect skin on their Strutters (with French markings).

I looked at the OFFLog.txt, and it reports that there were problems (see below). I looked in the CampaignData\skins directory, and the .dds files mentioned in the report are indeed not there. The folder itself contains 3.678 files. Is that the correct number for a good install?

So my question is: did something go wrong with my install? I have BHAH+HITR. I don't remember getting any errors during install, and OFF appears to be working correctly otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

!!Non critical Player Specific Squadron Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_strutter_t_RFC-45 1916.dds, the default aircraft skin will be used instead!
--Campaign Player Stats: RFC-45 Date: 20 October 1916 Time: 14h03
??Craft Invalid! Nieuport 12_SQ1
**Friendly Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Nieuport17_t_Esc 26 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Nieuport 17_SQ1\textures\Nieuport17_SQ1_t.dds
??Craft Invalid! RAF_FE8_SQ1
!!Friendly Squad Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_NieuportN16_t_Esc 15 1916.dds, to be copied to G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Nieuport_N16_SQ1\textures\NieuportN16_SQ1_t.dds, the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Nieuport_N16_SQ1)
!!Friendly Squad Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_DH2_m16_t_RFC-32 1916.dds, to be copied to G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\DH2_m16_SQ1\textures\DH2_mid16_SQ1_t.dds, the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (DH2_m16_SQ1)
!!Friendly Squad Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_strutter_t_RFC-70 1916.dds, to be copied to G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Sopwith_Strutter_SQ2\textures\off_Strutter_SQ2_t.dds, the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Strutter_SQ2)
**Friendly Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_RAF_BE2c_t_RFC-42 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\RAF_BE2c_SQ1\textures\RAF_BE2c_SQ1_t.dds
??Craft Invalid! RAF_FE8_SQ1
!!Friendly Squad Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Nieuport17_t_Esc 112 1916.dds, to be copied to G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Nieuport 17_SQ2\textures\Nieuport17_SQ2_t.dds, the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Nieuport 17_SQ2)
**Friendly Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_RAF_BE2c_t_RFC-5 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\RAF_BE2c_SQ2\textures\RAF_BE2c_SQ2_t.dds
**Friendly Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_FE2b_t_RFC-23 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\FE2b_SQ1\textures\FE2b_SQ1_t.dds
**Friendly Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_RAF_BE2c_t_RFC-9 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\RAF_BE2c_SQ3\textures\RAF_BE2c_SQ3_t.dds
**Friendly Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_RAF_BE2c_t_RFC-13 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\RAF_BE2c_SQ4\textures\RAF_BE2c_SQ4_t.dds
**Friendly Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Nieuport17_t_Esc 103 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Nieuport 17_SQ3\textures\Nieuport17_SQ3_t.dds
**Enemy Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Halb_DII_t_Jasta 8 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Halb_DII_SQ1\textures\Halb_DII_SQ1_t.dds
!!Enemy Ace Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_AlbDII_Ace_t_Jasta 8 1916_Walter_Gottsch.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (AlbDII_AC1)
**Enemy Ace matching Squadron Skin File has been found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_AlbDII_t_Jasta 8 1916.dds and used instead of Ace skin! (AlbDII_AC1)
!!Enemy Ace Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_AlbDII_Ace_t_Jasta 8 1916_Wilhelm Anton_Seitz.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (AlbDII_AC2)
**Enemy Ace matching Squadron Skin File has been found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_AlbDII_t_Jasta 8 1916.dds and used instead of Ace skin! (AlbDII_AC2)
!!Enemy Ace Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_AlbDII_Ace_t_Jasta 8 1916_Hans_Korner.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (AlbDII_AC3)
**Enemy Ace matching Squadron Skin File has been found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_AlbDII_t_Jasta 8 1916.dds and used instead of Ace skin! (AlbDII_AC3)
!!Enemy Ace Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_AlbDII_Ace_t_Jasta 8 1916_Alfred_Trager.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (AlbDII_AC4)
**Enemy Ace matching Squadron Skin File has been found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_AlbDII_t_Jasta 8 1916.dds and used instead of Ace skin! (AlbDII_AC4)
**Enemy Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Halb_DII_t_Jasta 3 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Halb_DII_SQ2\textures\Halb_DII_SQ2_t.dds
**Enemy Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Halb_DII_t_Jasta 3 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Halb_DII_SQ2\textures\Halb_DII_SQ2_t.dds
**Enemy Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Roland_CII_t_FFA 57 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Roland_CII_SQ1\textures\Roland_CII_SQ1_t.dds
**Enemy Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Halb_DII_t_Jasta 1 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Halb_DII_SQ3\textures\Halb_DII_SQ3_t.dds
**Enemy Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Roland_CII_t_FFA 34 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Roland_CII_SQ2\textures\Roland_CII_SQ2_t.dds
**Enemy Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Halb_DII_t_Jasta 10 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Halb_DII_SQ4\textures\Halb_DII_SQ4_t.dds
!!File Error: Enemy Squad Skin File could not be found: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Roland_CII_t_Ss-17 1916.dds, to be copied to G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Roland_CII_SQ3\textures\Roland_CII_SQ3_t.dds the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Roland_CII_SQ3)
**Enemy Squad Skin Copied: G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_Roland_CII_t_FFA 34 1916.dds To G:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Aircraft\Roland_CII_SQ2\textures\Roland_CII_SQ2_t.dds

As has been mentioned before in the forums we would need another few 1000 skins to cover every squad at every location and craft and date (they change a lot too over time). Don't worry, turn off warnings in workshop if you get pop ups about missing skins. I don't have P3 installed anymore so can't currently but maybe someone with a default install can tell you how many they have.

In my P4 test install "off_Strutter_t_RFC-45 1917.dds" exists, just not the one for 1916 (see what I mean ;)).

If you like copy that skin and rename it to off_Strutter_t_RFC-45 1916 and you can have a 1917 skin for that squadron instead until we one day have a 1916 one?

Thank you Polovski for the explanation.

I was just wondering if maybe my install was missing something. Now that I know this is "by design", it doesn't bother me at all (or not much, anyway ;).

And thank you for bringing us such a great game!

Regards

You are welcome Johan217. Hope you enjoy OFF.