Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Pleading for Labels and other aids

OK thanks everyone for there help and explanations on how to take the Chinese out of it for me. I like Olhams explanation it's perfect for me simple, short and idiot proof. The example he gave was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the link TaillyHo. Saves me some messing around, at least it will give me a great starting point. Thanks to all for your help and understanding.

Glad I could help, TSmoke. Will you show a picture, when you are ready?

A with/without comparison, a la Olham.

post-47353-009690700 1283032917.jpgpost-47353-012780100 1283032905.jpg

I suppose I'm not looking close enough, is there some ID text in that screenshot?

On sounds, don't forget you can set various levels in Workshop from realistic (mostly engine) to hollywood or others.

The labels are there, Lewie; more easily seen against darker backgrounds. My goal was to have them almost invisible, making them useless in locating and identifying enemy aircraft, but allowing me to see which of my wingmen are still around.

VB,

Yours is the single most useful mod that I've downloaded for OFF. I use it to this day, and don't understand how anyone could object to it becoming a standard part of OFF:P5. It is the most elegant solution to the problem that we face with regard to the visibility/identifiability of other planes and the fact that our monitors and graphics cards are no match for reality.

I would urge anyone out there who hasn't tried Von Baur's labels mod to give it a go. For me, it made a material difference to the game and made it more enjoyable as a result. As they say, YMMV...

Awwwww, shucks.

While I think SRC's suggestion of making 'my' labels standard for P5 (did I miss P4? :yikes: ) is a bit over-much, he may be onto something. I wonder if a simpler interface could be conjured up for the labels. Maybe something that would allow the player to set the various colors and degrees of transparency in the workshop and without having to take night classes on computer code.

Devs, waddya think?

While I think SRC's suggestion of making 'my' labels standard for P5 (did I miss P4? :yikes: ) is a bit over-much, he may be onto something. I wonder if a simpler interface could be conjured up for the labels. Maybe something that would allow the player to set the various colors and degrees of transparency in the workshop and without having to take night classes on computer code.

Devs, waddya think?

I think this is a great idea. We can adjust so many things in the workshop that maybe this one wouldn't be impossible to add there? All those codes I see when opening the files manually give me a headache!

Sorry VB - I meant P4!

But, yes, I did ask Winder if this could be part of the workshop, and he didn't gainsay the idea, so I'm hopeful that something like it (or the same) might pop for P4. Let's hope.

Sorry VB - I meant P4!

I don't know whether to feel relieved that I didn't miss it or sad that that means P5 is even farther off.