Sign in to follow this  
Jacques-Charles

"OFF manager.exe" disappeared

Re: OFF manager.exe disappeared

I resume contact off after a few weeks away and I have the unpleasant surprise following the launch icon says that the pgm "OFF manger.exe " is no longer in place.

What can I do to recover and continue my current campaigns?

Thank you in advance for helping me to correct this anomaly.:idea:

Sincerely,

J. Huret

Maybe only the icon is gone faulty.

You could check the drive, where the game is installed, for the "OFF Manager.exe".

If it is still there, you can copy it and move it to the desktop after erasing the old icon.

Then it should be clickable again.

Maybe only the icon is gone faulty.

You could check the drive, where the game is installed, for the "OFF Manager.exe".

If it is still there, you can copy it and move it to the desktop after erasing the old icon.

Then it should be clickable again.

thank you very much for your help but I have the answer to this anomaly: the update of my anti-virus has quarantined "OFF manager.exe " because it contains a trojan" TR / Dropper.Gen.":this:

Sincerely,

J. Huret

I believe to have read something like that before, and if I remember right, it was no virus,

but something that was only identified as one.

Best would be to ask someone with good knowledge with computers, like von Paulus,

Parky or Widowmaker. You should write a PM to them, otherwise they may not find this.

Oh, and I haven't got you in the OFF Pilots Map yet. Would you send me a PM with your

town and country? I'll add you there then.

And perhaps you could change your headline to "My OFF Manager got quarantined - Help!"

to draw attention to the problem more?

Edited by Olham

From the FAQ

"19) Avira and AVG anti virus products can falsely detect OFF Manager as a virus. AVG has since brought an update out so make sure your AV is up to date. "

Update your virus definitions they had glitches that falsely detected a virus. It could happen with some other AV I guess but most are quite happy with OFF Manager.

That is the most likely.

Also there is a slight possibility you have got a virus from elsewhere which has infected the exe too, so maybe update the AV, then do a full scan. If all safe then remove the file from quarantine.

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

This is the updated anti-virus (Avira), which has allowed this quarantine, the system analysis conducted after the quarantine has not detected anything unusual.

How to eliminate the trojan detected in "OFF manager" ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Jacques-Charles

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

This is the updated anti-virus (Avira), which has allowed this quarantine, the system analysis conducted after the quarantine has not detected anything unusual.

How to eliminate the trojan detected in "OFF manager" ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Jacques-Charles

Its a false positive which does happen... so either:

1) Inform your AV supplier of the issue and ask then to rectify in next update - Avira have addressed this in the past, seems they may have dropped it off of their latest update?

2) Change your AV.

HTH

WM

Oh dear! Maybe really the best to change your Anti-Virus program; there are cheap ones and even free ones.

I wish for you, that you can fly again soon, and hope for some French reports - we have far too few here.

Well the clue, as Winder says, is that you also have "Avira" which as I explained also had the FALSE positive before. So contact them first and explain the situation, it looks like they have brought the error back.

Try a different AV program. There are some free online scanners (example http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/) which will likely prove your Avira is wrong.