Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Finally...one for my archives...

Got this in the mail today, I used to have this way back in the day when I was a kid. But it got destroyed back then and wasn't interested in finding it until recently. It's basically a concise history of the T-Birds from the beginning until the T-38 era. It's a reprint of an article from Replica in Scale magazine, January 1976 issue.

IMG_3659.JPG

Includes 3 view diagrams of all the paint schemes, flight suit evolutions, formations, maneuvers and concise history. Even includes the paint schemes for the support C-119 and C-130 and the 'Lizard' F-4s.

Streakeagle, I know you have one...has anyone seen an electronic version of this book?

FC

I would like to get hands on a copy of that.

I am not aware of an electronic copy. Mine is worn out and yellowing from all the years of reading it, tracing diagrams, and traveling in the Navy. It is probably the oldest aviation document I have in my collection as I received it as a gift from a Tampa Police Department radio dispatcher. In return, I gave her a posterboard T-38 replica about 2 1/2 feet long that I made using the profiles in this magazine. A few years ago, I got a Thunderbird book that has a lot more history and color photos, but none of the aircraft profiles. I lack similar documentation on the Blue Angels.

Yea, that's why I was looking for this book. I hadn't seen a book on the T-Birds before or since that had those nice 3 view diagrams set up perfectly for a modeler.

FC