Sign in to follow this  
jkl

Adding the Norden Bombsight

Ok this is my first post here on CombatAce forums, so please bear with me.

Anywho i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add the Norden Bombsight to any other bomber in Strike fighters 1 or 2. Right now i have a B-36B from the guys over at the Skunkworks A-team. Its a great plane but thiers really no way to tell where yor bombs will land with out a bombsight! Now I have run across a A-26C and B-57A that have a working model of a Norden Bombsight. So could someone with more knowledge and info tell me how i could convert the working bombsight in an A-26C or B-57A into a B-36 or B-52? I need to know how to add the Sight into a B-36 and get it to work in game. In the A-26C you just simply push the H key on your keyboard and walla your looking over the Norden Sight, so how could i get that setup in a B-36?

If anyone can give me info into how to accomplish this, where to look, and give me a good walk through on how to make it work, that be GREAT!!!

Well thanks everyone!

US Canberras didn't use an optical sight ... they bombed by radar. The Invader works, because it's cockpit was built that way, as is/are the RAF Canberra pits.

Somewhere, waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back in the downloads section (probably in cockpit mods) is a tweek for adding the Norden. However, it may not work, due to the fact that it predates the 06 patch.

Basic consensus, from the many years, is "Big Bombers" should be left AI, and the game engine dosn't have too much trouble hitting things from altitude. There are also no real good cockpits for the Heavies (24,29,36) (discounting Kesselbrut's "USBPit" aka USBomber for the B-17s. Again, lacking the bombadier's positon)

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

US Canberras didn't use an optical sight ... they bombed by radar. The Invader works, because it's cockpit was built that way, as is/are the RAF Canberra pits.

wrench

kevin stein

The B-57A is pretty much a Canberra B-2 copy - dont think it went to production and not so sure on the bombing method - which is why it got the nice Canberra Kesselbrut pit.

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_bombers/b57_1.html