Sign in to follow this  
Spad13

Duh, what version do I have?

It occurred to me that I'm really not sure what version of FE I have. Can someone tell from the front page?

0cc1e1105228413.jpg

Edited by Spad13

um maybe first eagles expansion pack one? seriously tho most of the gen 2 titles state they are gen 2 (strike fighters 2, strike fighters 2 europe etc) therefore i would actually guess that is gen 1. anyone who has FE2 feel free to correct me if i am wrong

First Eagles, + expansion pak 1, 1stGEn

look in the lower right corner, youll see the date, 2008

wrench

kevin stein

Is it worth it to get FE2? Is it much improved? Thx!

First Eagles, + expansion pak 1, 1stGEn

look in the lower right corner, youll see the date, 2008

wrench

kevin stein

Is it worth it to get FE2? Is it much improved? Thx!

Hey SPAD13,

I for one was hesitant on buying FE2. I knew there would be a new learning curve (which there is). Things are placed into different locations and such. But considering FE2 is the future for FE, I went ahead and bought it anyway. I didnt want to be left behind. TW wont really be supporting FEG anymore, as far as patches and Exp Packs. It's all going to go to FE2. My vote is yes, buy FE2.

People will say dont do it unless you have a DirectX10 or better video card and have Windows7. But I first used XP with a DX9 card when I bought FE2 and it was still better than FEG. There are different versions of planes (engine versions) and some new stock skins. The decal system allows you to select many more jasta color schemes (tail markins) dirrectly from the loadout menu. There are many different things in FE2. It is much different than FEG regardless of what others may say. Since I bought a new DirectX11 graphics card I can now utalize the "Bump" mapping that shows all the wing ribs and panel lines in 3D for all the stock aircraft. Very, very cool.

Buy It!

OK, Quack, for $20 how could I not? So I did. It looks cool, however I can see that my machine is not up to specs. It runs a little slow on my XP, and I probably have out of date video cards, too. I might try it on my laptop with Windows 7? IF not, maybe I should put a new PC on my Christmas list.

Can I copy all of those cool downloads from my FE Exp Pack to FE 2? All the planes and sounds and stuff like that? The folders look the same, so I imagine I can just move from say "objects" folder in FE to FE2?

Then again, maybe not. I see FE2 is completely different in its setup than FE. No object files or aircraft folders or any of the sort! So how were you guys able to add mods to FE2? :this:

look up in your "My Documents" folder (iirc for XP -only been on Win7 since April meself), there should be a ThirdWire folder or FE2 or something like that.

That's called the "mods folder". Once you open it, you'll see the folder structure is pretty much the same as all 1stGen 3W games (what I don't know, not having FE2 yet, is if the /Decals folder is used as much on 3rdParty add-ons as in the SF2 series whre I do most of my 'stuff')

Wrench

kevin stein

Sunuvagun! Thanks, I found it. I'll play around with it some. :good:

look up in your "My Documents" folder (iirc for XP -only been on Win7 since April meself), there should be a ThirdWire folder or FE2 or something like that.

That's called the "mods folder". Once you open it, you'll see the folder structure is pretty much the same as all 1stGen 3W games (what I don't know, not having FE2 yet, is if the /Decals folder is used as much on 3rdParty add-ons as in the SF2 series whre I do most of my 'stuff')

Wrench

kevin stein