Sign in to follow this  
Olham

We want YOU!

For all who are new to the idea of the "Full DiD Standard" and the "Krauts vs Crumpets" Campaign

and thread; here is Siggi's "Full DiD Standard" rules:

http://combatace.com...post__p__271192

Everyone is invited to join in on the French, German, British or American side, after reading and accepting

the rules, and setting up his OFF following these rules.

You will be more than welcome!

What no Austrians!!! meh annoyed now... I will join once I have my new PC up and running in 3 weeks... I am back in training on the good old Strutter... wonderful old girl and great for shooting down Ennie's apart from a certain Mr Oswald Bloeke... though we have reached an impasse now as I get him about the same as he gets me...

To all the others thinking of joining Good Luck to you all and may luck stay with you on whatever side you fly... :drinks:

What of Belgium?! I would so love to fly for that brave little kingdom, (first to fight against the Hun and all that).

off_jan_olieslagers_camel.jpg

...sigh...perhaps P4.

"Dear Santa" :grin:

Slartibartfast, if you want to join, you might want to train on some fighters too?

(Not sure, what the British are flying right now). Or do you intend to stay with the Strutters?

Join the DiD see the world and meet it in a blaze of flames...

At present not sure but I think I will progress with RNAS 5 Herr Olham as they seem to fly all the Sopwith tribe... including the Camel... but I am using the Strutter to learn how to fly again as I think that that is most important... my plan was for this weekend to progress to the Sopwith Pup... but this has been delayed due to other problems...

You will need to check through the "Full DiD Campaign rules, as Siggi and I had it all fixed,

which Squadron or Jasta is to be joined. The Germans can only fly either two-seaters at

FA(A) 250, or fighters at Jasta 6.

But I can't tell you for the British; sorry. Mike Dixon should know.

No problems I will find out as I said I am still in the practice stage at present...

Join the DiD see the world and meet it in a blaze of flames...

That part is supposed to be kept secret from the recruits. And the 17 hour life expectancy is hush-hush too. :grin:

If you or anybody else who's interested in DiD has any questions, feel free to ask them here. I only know the German side well though, so hopefully there's somebody around here who has more to tell about the Entente campaign.

Edited by Hasse Wind

:rofl: I was thinking of signing up for DID Checked the Pilot dossier after setting up ( Stress, Sun Glare ect.) and the Realism read 60 or 80 percent. Am I doing something Wrong ? or is that within DID Standards ? Thanks :drinks:

Well, if you have set everything like the rules say, you should be ready to go. I haven't paid any attention to those percentages after they were removed from the OFF workshop in one of the patches.

I looked through my pilot files, both the dossier in-game and the actual file in the pilots folder, and couldn't even find any realism percentages anymore. Are you sure you have the latest version of OFF, carrick58? It should be version 1.32g for basic OFF without HitR, and 1.47 with HitR expansion installed.

Here's the official site for patches:

http://www.overflandersfields.com/Downloads.htm

Hasse Wind

:salute: It was version 1.0 with 1.32 patch/ mini patch I dont run Hit because it slows the frame rate to stutters (14 ? ) ( without Hit frame rate up 30-40 except in large air-battles.)

on this old computer so until I get a new one in 2 months. I did a re-patch of the patches and found a few files were corrupted every thing seems ok now. I will play the game to burn everything in Then see about signing up. :drinks: Thanks

No problem. Hopefully your OFF is now properly patched so that you can join the DiD campaign and see the world. By the way, have you already prepared your last will and testament? I don't mean to suggest that DiD flying is dangerous or anything, just a friendly reminder. :grin: