Sign in to follow this  
Rugbyfan1972

Labels not working

Hi,

I have recently discovered that the labels are no longer working, I am unable to fix this and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions, also to alter a command I have to delete the assignment that it is set to otherwise the game locks up, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this short of deleting OFF & CFS3 and reinstalling?

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

This isn't just a CTRL+SHIFT+L thing is it?

(Toggles labels on and off).

Rugbyfan, I'm not sure if I understood you right.

Normally, you must first highlight a command in "Controls", then click "Add new assignment", and add the new key command.

Only after that, you can erase the previous/old assignment.

Rugbyfan, I'm not sure if I understood you right.

Normally, you must first highlight a command in "Controls", then click "Add new assignment", and add the new key command.

Only after that, you can erase the previous/old assignment.

Olham,

I go into the controls highlight the one I want to change, then click "add new assignment", and add the new key command, you then have to click either cancel or ok, at this point I get a sound and OFF freezes unless I use task manager to exit cfs3, which then kicks me back to the menu screen I was on before I started flying.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

That is not okay, Rugbyfan - there are problems.

You can possibly choose "Reset CFS3" in "Workshop", which should solve the problem.

But you will loose all your pilots that way.

Delete a command first won't work, Unc - you always have to create an additional one first, before you can delete the old.

And before a new install, he should try "Reset CFS3".

I remember I had such problems long time ago, and the "Reset" helped and saved me a lot of hassle.

You mean, you can really delete a command, without having created a new one before?

Doesn't work for me - no idea why yours is different from mine.

Hmmm - should be rather the NVidea - ATI thing. Cause when I played it on Windows XP before,

I could also never delete a command, before I had created an additional one.

A headscratcher indeed...

Well, I suppose if labels aren't working, he could simply start flying DiD?

This isn't just a CTRL+SHIFT+L thing is it?

(Toggles labels on and off).

Flyby PC,

Thank you for your help, you hit the nail squarely on the head, although I feel it should have been me hit on the head. It was as you pointed out a "CTRL+SHIFT+L thing".

Long story short I had been looking in the wrong place in controls, I was looking under L for labels, and then when I could not find it I looked under T for toggle labels, and when that did not activate them I asked on the forum. It was only 5 mins ago after I had followed every bit of advice including yours, and in the end uninstalled OFF and reinstalled it, that I was looking in frustration through the controls from the beginning and saw the control listed as "Aircraft Labels", I started a campaign and much to my relief when I pressed CTRL+SHIFT+L the labels were displayed on the aircraft.

For everyone else that offered advice, thank you for the time you took to help me, it is much appreciated.

Now to master TrackIR and start flying in earnest.

Thanks

Rugbyfan12972

Rugbyfan, I'd start flying in Flanders or the Marne if I were you. Earnest is a much tougher front so you might want to put that one off until you've a bit more experience. :grin:

But seriously, glad you have the problem sorted out Sir.

On the way to become a "Hard-boiled OFFer", a re-install will get you a good step further.

Been there - done that! Congrats!

Well, come off it, UncleAl - you are often so helpful and so quick to help; it's a joy to see.

Why get upset about someone not seeing, what you find obvious?

I don't think, it is a "British mindset" - I have seen such things to happen among the "efficient Germans" as well all the time.

OFF can be a djungle of things to discover, things to learn and to keep in mind - and all that without a handbook.

"And I honestly believe the average British Gentleman, shows a sense of distain for instruction sheets, prefering to "go it on their own""

Heh heh...I'm fairly average and British, although probably not a gentleman, but long ago I learned the value of the simple acronym RTFM - an IT industry standard reply to users. Part of the problem is that CFS3 is a bit of a maze at the best of times, and with the OFF manager chucked in on top of this, and given that some bits of the CFS3 config is not altogether relevant to OFF, it's unsurprising that sometimes most of us manage to miss the bleeding obvious.

Incidentally Rugbyfan - do try the white TAC/increased opacity labels mod as detailed elsewhere on the forum, as it's a cracking addition to the game.

UncleAl: I honestly believe the average British Gentleman, shows a sense of distain for instruction sheets, prefering to "go it on their own",

until part A5 refuses to slide into slot B. Then comes the feverous search of the contents of the carton for the instruction sheet.

Sounds like the IKEA syndrom. :rofl:

(Do you know IKEA in the States?)

We've got a mega IKEA here near me outside of Washington DC.

IKEA is generally made fun of here in the US, although most college students couldn't survive without it. As a matter of fact, Matt Groening (creator of the Simpsons) spoofed IKEA in his series, Futurama http://www.futurama-stream.com/season-5/episode-6-less-than-hero. The IKEA reference is about 1:40 into the clip. Still makes me laugh.

I love Groening's stuff! Thanks for the link - now I can watch them all!