I've been thinking about purchasing this prop sim that I've heard so much about; but I'm not sure if it's compatible with Windows7 and the info I've seen so far on other sites suggests that it isn't. Does anybody know if it is? :dntknw:

I've got it working on windows 7, some say install it outside program files. Mine works in both though. Are you thinking of buying IL2 1946?

I had problems with the autorun program but I skipped that and ran the setup program in admin mode and it worked fine.

I've got it working on windows 7, some say install it outside program files. Mine works in both though. Are you thinking of buying IL2 1946?

I had problems with the autorun program but I skipped that and ran the setup program in admin mode and it worked fine.

Thanks for the reply lads. Yeah, I was thinking of buying IL2 1946, as I heard it's got all the previous versions as well. As regards autorun, I'm assuming like with other XP orientated games the trick is to install it via the desktop explorer and to double click on set-up.

After checking out some clips on YouTube I guess this is one sim I'll be placing on my Xmas wishlist :grin:

IIRC 1946 is now a bargain-priced sim due to its age.

Anyway, I've been running it since I installed Win7 a year ago without a single issue. I don't recall any installation issues, but if there were I've forgotten. :grin:

If you want to have IL-2 1946 on Win Vista or 7, i have heard it's better not to install it in your c:\programfiles if you want to add mods

I am running il-2 on a 64bit win7, and it works finecool.gif

I have it on my D: drive in program files, but that folder doesn't have the permissions restrictions the one on C: has.