Can make an request that someone create a skin for the F/A-18F in the form of the 24 aircraft now serving with the RAAF No.1 Squadron?

There are great photos of them on www.Airliners.net. They appear to the same colour scheme as the RAAF F/A-18A's and appear to the been numbered

A44-200 through to A44-224.

Edited by Riley64

However if there's a good decaller...

Edited by EricJ

Nice pics, however the photos I have seen of the actual aircraft don't the RAAF roundels on top of the wings.

Thanks, the only problem is that I'm not a decaller. I can ask around though to get the decals done.

You wouldn't happen to know the font used for the numbers and letters?

Interesting to note the USN BuNum, and the RAAF serial (2 different fonts).

I'd use the RAF font, that's over at SimmersPaintShop ... looks pretty damn close to it

wrench

kevin stein

Interesting to note the USN BuNum, and the RAAF serial (2 different fonts).

I'd use the RAF font, that's over at SimmersPaintShop ... looks pretty damn close to it

wrench

kevin stein

The one on the nose does look like the USN. But I just the bloke that comes up with the ideas, so I would have a clue.

It's a start... and you use only SF1 correct?

post-5735-091601500 1290469750.jpg

post-5735-001813400 1290469760.jpg

post-5735-028552300 1290469768.jpg

It'll be a few days but got the system down

post-5735-012153000 1290471174.jpg

post-5735-004916400 1290471186.jpg

post-5735-023846000 1290471207.jpg

Your work looks great so far. And yes I have SF1. I've also noticed in the close up of the tail that the upper surface color is a shade or too darker than the lower surfaces. I hope the photos help you in some way?

Edited by Riley64

Considering it's my first time really messing with decals, I appreciate it :D

post-5735-035075600 1290473772.jpg

Got the last part set :D

Re the two tone camo. It's been spot on for over a year now, lighting maybe as the USN scheme is very annoying and I don't see any real difference other than the tips of the drop tanks.

post-5735-068952800 1290476529.jpg

Got the last part set :D

Re the two tone camo. It's been spot on for over a year now, lighting maybe as the USN scheme is very annoying and I don't see any real difference other than the tips of the drop tanks.

Looking at the photos again the F's do look more like a two tone USN grey. Where as the A model is more a blue-grey.

My modelling and painting of any kind of aircraft begins and ends with the plastic kit kind, but if I can help anyone in any I .can

Edited by Riley64

Well I got the detailing and decalling done. Just be aware that the tipped tanks will only be available for the SF2 version, but life will go on, just have to set it up for SF1.

post-5735-043530700 1290526770.jpg

Just downloaded your SF1 skins and I see you even included the Australian flag on the vertical fins. Great job.

I know what I'm doing this weekend I'm going to try and repeat this aircraft in plastic.

Thanks man and to be quite honest with you I'm glad how they turned out too :smile:

A new player for my Wings Over Timor install (amongst others). Thanks for the great job Eric. :good:

No problem! :good: