Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Vogesen in-game planning map crashes game

90% of the time the in-game Vogesen planning (mission) map causes the game to freeze. In the mission briefing screen when I select the "Map" option it crashes. It doesnt even make it to the mission map. Anyone know why this would happen? This is happening mostly in campaign mode. But sometimes in single missions too. This is the only terrain map that is doing this. The terrain itself works just fine. Missions and campaigns are working just fine. Just no mission map.

It's become quit frustrating because I'm trying to track the ground forces. Since I've been trying to create StrategicNodes for the Vogesen terrain it's not helping that I cant see where they are moving to and from. Any help would be much appreciated.

I havn't altered any of the 2 .bmp "Maps" in the Vogesen folder. they are 512x512 and 1024x1024

I have asked Gepard (the creator of the Vogesen terrain) and he was stumped too.

Try this (I had a similiar fault recently ...)

rename to 2 maps to PlanningMap1.bmp and PlanningMap2.bmp (respectively)

open the Vogessen.ini, and change the pointer to...

[Map]

FilenameFormat=PlanningMap%d.bmp

Width=250000.0

Height=250000.0

NumZoomLevels=2

see it that helps.

I can't remember it the crash/freeze happens to me or not; I'll test it sometime tongiht if I can get out the Zagros Mountains...

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench, I'll give it a try tonight.

Could it possibly have anything to do with the amount of ground objects I've placed? Do certain terrains have object placement limits? Maybe the terrain cant process it all. Maybe stupid questions but I thought I would ask anyway.

I renamed the .bmps and it seemed to work. but the second campaign mission it crashed again. Also for the third and forth.

:dntknw:

Could the original two Vogensen planning maps be corrupted ???

You might need to delete and reload/download these two maps to see if that may be the problem.

I'll try that

Well...Still no go.

It's driving me nuts! I cant see where the ground forces are or where they're planning to go. As if figuring out the campaign data and creating StrategicNodes and placing ground forces wasnt hard enough......Now this.

I'm open to any other ideas. Thanks for trying to help guys

Edited by quack74