Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Background new President

Hello,

I follow the elections in America standing at the sideline.

So I see two man, two different people and one issue. That isseu is Vietnam War.

Why is it so imported that one did fight in that war and the other don't.

Remember that Clinton was against that war and spend 8 years in the White House.

In his time was the war not a big issue and now it is. Why?

People, when you vote, you vote on ideas of the party and not on the head person of the party.

It is just a meaning of me no offense to you all that have to vote in November for a new president (or the same man four more years).

Salute

Dutchy

The biggest reason it is such a big issue is because Kerry is running on being a war hero, Bush never brought up the war as he is not running on his National Guard Service, he isn't touting to be a war hero. The thing that I think is funny is If I had those kind of service credentials I would be proud and would have released all my records to stand the scrutiny that he should have known would come his way utilizing this kind of service for running for office.

Kerry did a great disservice when he returned from Viet Nam and started in his anti-war protests, the vietnamese were using his own words against his fellow soldiers in POW camps. Not to say attrocities didn't happen, as such war is an attrocity, but to say that they (the soldiers who fought in that particular war) are all war criminals and they happened with the frequency that he says it did. My father served in VietNam 3 tours worth as such and I see what Kerry did as a slap in my fathers and all the rest of the soldiers faces.

I also find disturbing the huge numbers of people who plan to vote for Kerry; not because of his "Plan for America", or his "leadership" abilities, but rather because of their extreme hatred for Bush. I actually have seen interviews with people who admit that they distrust Kerry, and don't particularly agree with his ideas, but they hate GWB so much, they'll vote for anyone.

Now then, isn't THAT something to be proud of? Not.

Navy Chief

I also find disturbing the huge numbers of people who plan to vote for Kerry; not because of his "Plan for America", or his "leadership" abilities, but rather because of their extreme hatred for Bush. I actually have seen interviews with people who admit that they distrust Kerry, and don't particularly agree with his ideas, but they hate GWB so much, they'll vote for anyone.

Now then, isn't THAT something to be proud of? Not.

Navy Chief

kind of sickening aint it....a lot of folks have died protecting their rights and these numbnuts are going to vote just on hate...

So I see two man, two different people and one issue. That isseu is Vietnam War.

Why is it so imported that one did fight in that war and the other don't.

Remember that Clinton was against that war and spend 8 years in the White House.

In his time was the war not a big issue and now it is. Why?

People, when you vote, you vote on ideas of the party and not on the head person of the party.

It is just a meaning of me no offense to you all that have to vote in November for a new president (or the same man four more years).

Salute

Dutchy

Dutchy,I think you asked a few rather important questions..I will give it a shot at replying them if its ok..

one issue..well its a bit more than that but I can see where folks might see that,it became important when one guy wrapped himself and his party on serving 4 months in nam,no plans about how to solve this or that,just 'vote for me im a vietnam vet and im a hero'..that did peeved off a lot of folks..clinton organized anti-war protests in england AND was a fully fledged draft dogger who actually DID get his draft notice,the guy now using that he is a vietvet at that time said being in the service was not a requirement to be president,and it is not really..no offense taken bud,I can understand where you(as well as Many Americans) have gotten confused on this....one has 4 months of 'combat' the other has had terrorists looking over THEIR shoulder for 3 yrs...simple math I think..hope this helped buddy...

The biggest reason it is such a big issue is because Kerry is running on being a war hero, Bush never brought up the war as he is not running on his National Guard Service, he isn't touting to be a war hero. The thing that I think is funny is If I had those kind of service credentials I would be proud and would have released all my records to stand the scrutiny that he should have known would come his way utilizing this kind of service for running for office.

Kerry did a great disservice when he returned from Viet Nam and started in his anti-war protests, the vietnamese were using his own words against his fellow soldiers in POW camps. Not to say attrocities didn't happen, as such war is an attrocity, but to say that they (the soldiers who fought in that particular war) are all war criminals and they happened with the frequency that he says it did. My father served in VietNam 3 tours worth as such and I see what Kerry did as a slap in my fathers and all the rest of the soldiers faces.

(The biggest reason it is such a big issue is because Kerry is running on being a war hero, Bush never brought up the war as he is not running on his National Guard Service, he isn't touting to be a war hero)

Bingo!!!!!! give the man a doll!..bush is running on having prevented repeat attacks(to a point of course,we all know we have be right 100% and the REAL baby killers have be lucky Once),on having said the people that did this WILL hear from ALL of us soon,and they did....

(The thing that I think is funny is If I had those kind of service credentials I would be proud and would have released all my records to stand the scrutiny that he should have known would come his way utilizing this kind of service for running for office)

Actually the guy was COUNTING on the press NOT to pursue the issue,they did not,not even now are they taking a close look,not like they attacked bush some months back on his ng serrvice,remember that dog and pony show?....

(Kerry did a great disservice when he returned from Viet Nam and started in his anti-war protests, the vietnamese were using his own words against his fellow soldiers in POW camps. )

People DIED because of him and his running mates..that is a rather real truth

(Not to say attrocities didn't happen, as such war is an attrocity, but to say that they (the soldiers who fought in that particular war) are all war criminals and they happened with the frequency that he says it did. My father served in VietNam 3 tours worth as such and I see what Kerry did as a slap in my fathers and all the rest of the soldiers faces.)

Attrocities yes they DO happen in war,specially with a faceless enemy.yes at times it was very neccesary to do a few things that I will NOT mention here(your Dad knows what Im saying) in order to save our lives or prevent others from dying,again,such IS war..Tell your Dad that this Viet Vet says 'Welcome Home Brother', I think he will know what I meant..no we were NOT all baby killers,nor did we all razed villages..nor did we all kill a 14 yr old kid by shotting him in the back and get a flipping medal for it..that guy gave up ALL right to be respected AS a vet by his TREACHERY and his INSULTS,by his Aiding the Enemy..gee this was long winded,sorry buddy