Sign in to follow this  
peterbezemer

SF2 Expansion2 + Nato Fighters

check ya PM and open the file Dave. done(with isreali's ) done(without isreali's) and done (with my Phantom Phlyer's!):grin:

• Like 1

Roger

doin some research into what was avail. USAFE was mostly F-84F and F-86D/F at the time. also had B-57B in black and B-26B Invaders for light bomb wings. F-100A/C is concievable as stateside reinforcement but D was just gettin operational in September and Hungarian invasion was Oct thru Nov. as an interest poss RF-100A Slick Chick was operational starting in 55, until around mid 56. seems not much on F-89 or 94 and by 1956 F-80 and props were mostly phased out. B-45 played a role too (arrgh!) though mostly based in England. if there's any thoughts of doing a 48 Berlin Airlift gone hot bit may wanna look at Pasko's Yak-9 for Sov and Yak-3 for Poland and Czech. more to follow as i get time to read up.

• Like 1

Scorpions were never deployed overseas .. the farthest from ConUS would be Iceland. I'm pretty sure Starfire's were in USAFE, along with Metor NFs (which we don't have readily available), and possibly CF101 Canuks (also not available)

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

far as i've been able to find all weather intercection in USAFE was handled by Dog Sabres. as for the CF-100 i thought i heard bout someone working on it like 8-9 months ago then story went cold. and for the NF Meteors, as well as Soviet prop Yaks those are outta reach for these purposes, tho again Pasko's Yak-9 is closer than a Spit if he is reachable and agreeable. for a 56 campaign upgrade tho the is quite a bit that can be used off the shelf (TW and CA/TMF) most would just need skins after the Korea release.

even Berlin airlift is possible, just keep it early in the lift to minize the lack of C-54

Edited by daddyairplanes

Hello Gents, for what It's worth, here is the Belgian orbat for November 1956.

Belgian Military Aviation*

gc-parade_brustem_1956.jpg

Parade at Brustem, 1956

1st Wing (Beauvechain)

• 4th Sqn ( Meteor F.8 )
  • 10th Sqn ( Meteor NF.11 )
  • 11th Sqn ( Meteor NF.11 )
  • 349th Sqn ( Meteor F.8 )
  • 350th Sqn ( Meteor F.8 )

2nd Wing (Florennes)

• 1st Sqn ( F-84F )
  • 2nd Sqn ( F-84F )
  • 3rd Sqn ( F-84F )

7th Wing (Chièvres)

• 7th Sqn ( Hunter F.4 )
  • 8th Sqn ( Hunter F.4 )
  • 9th Sqn ( Hunter F.4 )

9th Wing (Bierset)

• 22nd Sqn ( Hunter F.4 )
  • 26th Sqn ( Hunter F.4 )
  • 30th Sqn ( Hunter F.4 )

10th Wing (Kleine Brogel, prev. Geilenkirchen)

• 23rd Sqn ( F-84F )
  • 27th Sqn ( F-84F )
  • 31th Sqn ( F-84F )

13th Wing (Brustem)

• 25th Sqn ( Meteor F.8 )
  • 29th Sqn ( Meteor F.8 )
  • 33rd Sqn ( Meteor F.8 )

Independent ( Wahn)

• 42nd Sqn ( RF-84F )

Notes:

not yet officially known as "Belgian Air Force"

until 1959, the ranks were RAF's style

the F-84F had a Fighter-Bomber role but it's not until 1960 that a nuclear QRA were planned.

From June 1956, all planes were painted to NATO standard and their Sqn code were painted in white on the nose.

jmd-fu-30.jpg

jmb-rf-84f_%20fr-30.jpg

vp-hunter_f4_envol.jpg

Sources:

Belgian Military Aviation, 1945-1977 by Paul A. Jackson

http://www.ailes-militaires-belges.be

http://www.baha.be

Edited by FrankD

some info I found about the Dutch Airforce (Koninklijke Luchtmacht)

In March 1953 the Royal Netherlands Air Force officially became an autonomous part of the Dutch armed forces.

The Air Defense Command, (Commando Lucht Verdediging, abbreviated CLV) consisting of a command unit, five radar stations and six fighter squadrons, had been established. Its radar equipment as well as its air defense fighters all came from obsolete

RAFstocks.

Initially the Spitfire Mk9 was used by 322 sqn until 1954, but were replaced as new squadrons were established.

After the Netherlands joined

NATO another new command: Tactical Air Command (Commando Tactische Luchtstrijdkrachten, abbreviated CTL) was established.

• CTL consisted of seven new strike squadrons (306, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 and 316 sqn), all equipped with Republic F-84G Thunderjet aircraft. These aircraft were supplied by the United States under Mutual Defense Aid Program conditions from 1952-1956.

• 700, 701 and 702 Sqn operated the F86 Sabre all-weather fighter between 1956-1964.

• 306, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 and 316 sqn changed aircraft configuration from 1955-1970 as the Republic F-84F Thunderstreak and RF-84F Thunderflash became available.

source: Wikipedia

I think I may have some more, stay tuned...

Edited by peterbezemer

hello my dear neighbour,

here is what I get from Dutch Military Aviation, 1945-1978 by Paul A. Jackson.

KLu Orbat (base are from the 1955 orbat, may have moved in '56)

F-84F

311, 312 and 313 Sqn at Volkel

314, 315 and 315 Sqn at Eindhoven

RF-84F

306 Sqn at Laarbuch

Meteor F.8

(withdrawn in 1958, being replaced by Hunters but Hunter F.4 being delivered from 1956. require some crosschecking)

322 and 327 Sqn at Soesterberg

323, 324 and 325 Sqn at Leeuwarden

326 and 328 Sqn at Woensdrecht

Cheers

• Like 1

Here are some Belgian details for the '86 campaign. (I'm posting it here since it's the lmost recent NF4 related thread, if it's a U turn, please correct me).

Belgian Air Force '86

1st Wing (Beauvechain)

• 349th Sqn ( F-16A Block 10 )
  • 350th Sqn ( F-16A Block 10 )

2nd Wing (Florennes)

• 1st Sqn ( Mirage 5BA )
  • 2nd Sqn ( Mirage 5BA )

3rd Wing (Bierset)

• 8th Sqn ( Mirage 5BA )
  • 42nd Sqn ( Mirage 5BR )

10th Wing (Kleine-Brogel)

• 23rd Sqn ( F-16A Block 15 )
  • 31st Sqn ( F-16A Block 15 )

Notes:

all Mirage 5BA were equipped with an ECM suite from the early '80, it was the Loral' Rapport II (may also have equipped the Israelis F-16A)

the F-16A Block 1 and 5 have been upgraded to Block 10 standard in '81

the weapons used were the AIM-9P, the Mk-82 (with BSU-49RT "AIR", MAU-93RT "Low drag" and Mk-15RT "Snakeye" tails fins) on the F-16A

the BLU-109 may also have been used from '85

the Mirage 5BA also used the BL755 and the TBA-68 Rockets

the F-16 Block 10 were point defense fighters, the Block 15 were also qualified for Air to Ground missions.

On the ground, the Army had 2 AAA Battalions with 27 Gepard each and two SAM Battalions with 24 I-hawk each, and the Air Force had two Missile Wings with 18 Nike-Hercules each.

Sources:

NATO Orbat '89

http://www.ailes-militaires-belges.be

http://www.baha.be

http://www.mil.be

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=165477

Cheers

Edited by FrankD
  • Like 1