Sign in to follow this  
AntEater

Parachutes in Exp. Pack 2? (this time with screenshot!)

There I was in my Lightning F.1A in 1962 and was watching my firestreak streaking firely into another Il-28

Bang.

But when the bomber broke up, I swear I saw something like a parachute emerging from it.

I was too flabbergasted to take a screenshot, also I had the suspicion that I had installed an addon adding parachutes (Su-39s and Su-35s have them, AFAIK).

But I just checked, I don't have a custom data.ini for the Il-28, just avionics, loadout and cockpit.inis to make it a rudimentary flyable.

Did the latest expansion add parachutes?

Edited by AntEater

no, what you saw was debris. OTH, since the 06 patch, the canopies have been seperating from the aircraft when destroyed.

wrench

kevin stein

I saw it again and this time I got a screenshot.

It was a MiG-17 this time...

It could be part of an effects pack I installed, I lost track of all the mods, but I surely didn't notice them before.

post-10017-003684800 1291657777.jpg

Stary made a chute in a effects pack way back... it could be that....

yes AntEater, that's simple (but very smart idea :tongue:) effect by me with help of Epizikl that adds particle-based flat pilot on a chute as part of aircraftfireeffect.ini, released almost 2 years ago, with one update later, must be part of effectpack you have currently installed :cool:

Yep, just looked into my effects folder and compared them with your pilots effect.

:(

Sorry for the false alert.