Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Getting my modded install back. Will apreciatte some help.

I made a complete reinstall of everything all together in a mixed install, the 4 games, all works perfectly now even the new patch and editor, but now I need to get back to a modded status that will cost me a lot of time and sweat, but it will be fun I'm sure. If someone can please help me in a couple of things will be a bit faster and will save me a lot of sweat and curses. Hope someone is up to the task.

1- Any way to erase the on-screen radar without extracting the hud.ini file? Something like a hud.ini file we can download and install.

2- Should I install a weapons pack? If yes, which one?

3- Any effects pack that I should have?

4- Is there any other "must have" I need to install?

And this is not related to the install but more to the mission editor. In order to have a working SAM site, what shoud I do? Place the radar and the launchers? Or there is a pack that have all together? Cause I have no idea the pieces that a SA-2 or a HAWK need to work.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Stratos

1- Any way to erase the on-screen radar without extracting the hud.ini file? Something like a hud.ini file we can download and install.

No. And it's HUDData.ini, in the FlightData.cat

2- Should I install a weapons pack? If yes, which one?

Gunny's is the best

3- Any effects pack that I should have?

anything by Stary

4- Is there any other "must have" I need to install?

Pilots, skins/decals, terrains ... all based on HD space (Stary's 4 season Germany is a MUST have!)

And this is not related to the install but more to the mission editor. In order to have a working SAM site, what shoud I do? Place the radar and the launchers? Or there is a pack that have all together? Cause I have no idea the pieces that a SA-2 or a HAWK need to work.

Google is your friend; search each SAM type to find it's associated radars. As are the several dozen pre-made target areas (SAM sites) in bunches and lots of terrain mods. With luck the mission builder will 'notice' their existence in/on each terrains' targets.ini.

HINT: ONLY use the 'generic' terms for the SAMs; Blue side HAWK/Rapiers are still f***ed up. Occasonally, even Red side gets mixmatched search (EWR) and tracking/guidence (SAMRadar). Don't forget, all the stock SAMs are pre-netoworked, so HOPEFULLY, the launchers will get their associated radars.

Others (SA-5, SA-3, maybe Bomarc, and not sure about the Patriot) will need extensive editing of their data inis to add the new statements for the radars. THEN...

the rwr list for all aircraft with TEWS will need extraction/editation, along with the creation of appropriate rwr tgas (Oddly, TK has included the HAWK as stock)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

HI,

1. The only way to get rid of the on screen radar is to extract the hud.ini

2. With the pre made modified installs like the SF2V expansion and nato fighters 4+ a weapons pack isn't necessary. However the mcgunny's weapons packs are made for the SF2

series. As for any other add on aircraft on here most come with the required weapons files.

3. The above expansion packs i've mentioned include any effect files needed, however if you use an aircraft for europe in for example vietnam you will need to copy and paste the effects into that games folder.

4. There is no other must have. SF2 has piecemeals exc3ellent Desert3 terrain, SF2E has Nato Fighters 4+, SF2V has the Vietnam expansion pack, SF2I has the war for israel pack. Install each one into the relative game folder and I cant think of much more you will need.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info guys! I now only need to find the extractor and make the extraction of everything again, how I hate that! I downloaded Gurney weapons pack and Stary germany terrain, I think Stary Green Hell for Vietnam is available only for Series 1? what a pity.

About the mission editor, I need to add manually a carrier to the terrain in order to see it as selectable? What about other ships? Will Series 1 ships work on series 2?

I think Stary Green Hell for Vietnam is available only for Series 1? what a pity.

IIRC works in series 2 almost w/o problems, make sure you install Brain32's BRILLIANT tileset first. Also eburger68's Vietnam Air and Ground War expanison has all the updates needed, there's also nice tiles and trees adjustment in it I think (haven't been flying it in ages!)

As for my Effects packs you really only need the last one, Hollywood Explosions (or wait for Hollywood Explosions 2), but there are many important effects in Gunny's WP too

edit:

removed duplicated post

Edited by Stary

EVERYTHING from SF/Wo*, ground objects, when brought up to 08 level just drops right in.

HOWEVER ... for objects with radars, some adjustments will be necessary in their [DetectSystem] statements

The extracto you want is Gerwins ... it does both 1st and Next Gens. It's only unfortunate side effect, is it can ONLY extract the entire cat, not single files.

So... create a folder on C/ called "Cat Extractor", drop it in there, and copy/paste the cats to be extracted. It'll create folders for each one upon extraction

As for mission building, with older terrains, they require a new "*terrainname*_water.bmp" to properl work. That's being worked on, even as we speak

wrench

kevin stein

I'm using the default theatres at the moment, will use new ones when they're ready, specially the Black Sea. Thanks for the tips to extract the huddata.ini Kevin apreciatted. I tried the mission editor, and will like to know If is possible to put a ground unit and use it as a target for your flight, that will be great for those SEAD and CAS missions using the EricJ Hornets, I'm loving them at the moment!